Crown & Anchor Society & Celebrity cruises

DisneyQueen999

Hello, we have sailed with RCL many times but thought that maybe we would try a Celebrity cruise in 2016. I have heard that you can transfer Crown & Anchor points over to Celebrity, is this true? Are there any benefits that I should be aware of with RCL & Celebrity being the same group of companies? Thanks.

You can't "transfer points" between the 2, but they offer "reciprocity" at certain levels.

That is points earned while on X will stay in your X account, and points earned on RCL stay there.

However, if you are

• Gold in RCL, you get Classic perks on X
  • Platinum, get Select perks
  • Diamond or above , Celebrity will give you perks for being Elite.
  • Higher statuses on RCL can not get any further perks than Elite

You have to have a Captain's club number and call in to have them match your accounts in order to receive the perks.

Edited by cle-guy
Updated facts per subsequent poster

You can't "transfer points" between the 2, but they offer "reciprocity" at certain levels.

That is points earned while on X will stay in your X account, and points earned on RCL stay there.

However, if you are

• Gold in RCL, you get Classic perks on X
  • Platinum, get Select perks
  • Diamond, Celebrity will give you perks for being Elite.
  • Diamond Plus or above gets you Elite Plus perks.

You have to have a Captain's club number and call in to have them match your accounts in order to receive the perks.

The highest level of reciprocity is Diamond <--> Elite.

Hello, we have sailed with RCL many times but thought that maybe we would try a Celebrity cruise in 2016. I have heard that you can transfer Crown & Anchor points over to Celebrity, is this true? Are there any benefits that I should be aware of with RCL & Celebrity being the same group of companies? Thanks.

Hi,

As I understand, your actual status, not points, transfers over from RCI. If you are Diamond on RCI, then you are Elite on Celebrity. You have to call Celebrity and have your RCI number handy so they can look you up and issue you your Captain's Club Member number with appropriate status level.

IF you indeed transferred your points, this is something very new, and is not mentioned anywhere on any Celebrity info, or Royal Caribbean info either.

I think that you will find that they did not transfer your Points, but did give you some reciprocity of status.

firstcruiserDB, can you give us some more details? How many points did you have in Crown and Anchor, how many did they transfer, how many points do you now have in your Captain's Club accounts, etc.

Hi,

As I understand, your actual status, not points, transfers over from RCI. If you are Diamond on RCI, then you are Elite on Celebrity. You have to call Celebrity and have your RCI number handy so they can look you up and issue you your Captain's Club Member number with appropriate status level.

You are correct, the chart I found was a bit misleading but I concur. I thought it was something new. If I can I'll edit my post now...

First good perk you will gain once you have gotten your Captain's Club number is a One category cabin upgrade. If you reach Elite, there are many coupons which you might like to use like Free Laundry bag. There is also an Elite & Elite Plus evening free cocktail hour for you to enjoy. Have a great cruise.

Just to clarify since people are getting stuck with semantics. You CANNOT transfer points, you CAN transfer your level up to Diamond/Elite. You need to contact Celebrity and get a Captains Club number and have it associated with your reservation. It is a different number than Crown and Anchor.

Another thing to remember if you do get recripocal status between lines is that you start earning status on the other line at ZERO points. For example when we obtained Captains Club Select we enrolled in C&A at the Platinum level. But when we take our first RCCL we will essentialy be starting at zero C&A points and will need to cruise several times (not sure how many) to obtain Emerald and several more RCCL cruises to get Diamond and so on.

As we continue to cruise Celebrity however, we will obtain Elite in Celebrity and will get recripocal benefits as (Diamond) members at C&A. We only need 80 more points to get Elite on Celebrity. Once obtained I will call C&A to let them know and get the recripocal status.

Anyone please correct me if I've misunderstood the programs.

Pat

Just sailed the Summit last month after many RCCL cruises. We did transfer our C & A points over. Call the Captain's Club for more info.

Points do not transfer or combine in any way. Your status with one earns you reciprocal status with the other. The highest reciprocal status available is

Celebrity Elite and higher --> RCCL Diamond

RCCL Diamond and higher --> Celebrity Elite

I've cruised with both and it works the same way no matter which you have the higher status with. I have earned Celebrity Elite status and reciprocal RCCL Diamond status.

My 45 RCCL point total is 35 points short of the RCCL Diamond requirement of 80 points. RCCL is not giving me 35 points, they're just matching my Celebrity Elite status with the RCCL equivalent Diamond status.

To get to RCCL Diamond Plus I'd have to earn 130 points cruising on RCCL, and that added to the 45 RCCL points I already have would equal the Diamond Plus requirement of 175 points.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

First good perk you will gain once you have gotten your Captain's Club number is a One category cabin upgrade. If you reach Elite, there are many coupons which you might like to use like Free Laundry bag. There is also an Elite & Elite Plus evening free cocktail hour for you to enjoy. Have a great cruise.

Getting ready to book our first cruise with Celebrity. Do you join the Captains Club before or after your first cruise. We're Platinum on Royal Caribbean, I think.

Points do not transfer or combine in any way. Your status with one earns you reciprocal status with the other. The highest reciprocal status available is

Celebrity Elite and higher --> RCCL Diamond

RCCL Diamond and higher --> Celebrity Elite

I've cruised with both and it works the same way no matter which you have the higher status with.

We cruise both lines and have verified how this works based on what is printed on our seapass.

The quote above is correct. Nothing transfers or combines. Think of your captain club and crown and anchor number being linked to indicate you are the same person. Now take the points you earn on each line. Which obtains the higher status? Then notice the diamond and elite maximum - that is even if you are zenith on X, RCI is going to give you Diamond benefits. Vice versa for pinnacle. Same for the "plus" levels.

Calculate your RCI points (1 per night, 2 per night for suite). Then separately calculate your X points (using the table based on room type).

Just think "linked" accounts instead of combine or transfer.

The table in cle-guy's posting (3) shows how it works. Be sure to read the text on the first column.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by rcixfan5

Justcake wrote:

" I for one thought I just read that it transfers from Celebrity to RCL but not the other way around."

Can you tell us where you saw that please?

I read it on another forum with a link. It had to do with the new MSC program. I have since read the Celebrity website and found this information was incorrect.

I am Diamond plus on Rccl and get reciprocal benefits on Celebrity upto Elite. I am booking 2 Celebrity cruises for 2016 can someone tell me how long the happy hour is these days on Celebrity as I am trying to decide wether or not it is worthwhile booking beverage package.

I just set up our account on the Celebrity website and it automatically gave us "Select" status because we've sailed on Royal Caribbean a couple of times. Didn't have to call or anything. :D

No discounts or anything on the b2b we're going to be taking next year but maybe something will show up later.