FL customs

Blondie008

HI

I am taking a TA cruise arriving in FL. Same day we arrive I need to get very quickly across FL to board another ship in Miami - NCL ship it sails at 5pm.

we are okay yes? Even if customs didnt clear till 1pm that leaves me plenty time to get to Miami port in a taxi?

I cant remember how much time before sailing in Miami we need to be aboard the ship. But think it will be an hour - so ie need to be in Miami by 4pm.

How far is it - cant remember?

HI

I am taking a TA cruise arriving in FL. Same day we arrive I need to get very quickly across FL to board another ship in Miami - NCL ship it sails at 5pm.

we are okay yes? Even if customs didnt clear till 1pm that leaves me plenty time to get to Miami port in a taxi?

I cant remember how much time before sailing in Miami we need to be aboard the ship. But think it will be an hour - so ie need to be in Miami by 4pm.

Not really across Florida. Miami is only about 1/2 hr away from Fort Lauderdale (maybe 45 minutes to an hour on busy days). You should have no issue making even a noon boarding if you like.

HI

When you say you arrive in FL does that mean Fort Lauderdale or Florida and then you mention going across Florida, really don't know what that means.

Just as an assumption, Fort Lauderdale to Miami is about 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. Customs does sometimes take longer on TAs but you should be okay.

I believe that the OP means Fort Lauderdale in both cases. So she arrives in Port Everglade and must cross Fort Lauderdale (plus a bit more real estate) to reach Miami.

Yes I did thanks

Being from Scotland I am not that familiar although have cruised out of both ports many times. First time I have done a TA which doesnt clear customs in St Thomas - never did a straight over before . Never mind - have Bahamas to follow :)

Yes I did thanks

Being from Scotland I am not that familiar although have cruised out of both ports many times. First time I have done a TA which doesnt clear customs in St Thomas - never did a straight over before . Never mind - have Bahamas to follow :)

Sounds like fun. Enjoy your cruises! :)

Same day we arrive I need to get very quickly across FL to board another ship in Miami - NCL ship it sails at 5pm.

You are definitely OK. In my experience, repositioning cruises can take a little longer to clear Customs and Immigration but you should be well on your way in the morning of your arrival. As stated, with traffic you are less than an hour to your next port of embarkation. If you are at all concerned, you could ask for early disembarkation - be in the first few groups that are called off the ship.

You do know a taxi is an expensive option between the two cities, right? You could be looking at at least $80.00 + tip. If cost is a factor, you might consider a shared shuttle bus service like SAS, QLS, and Go Airport (easily researched online).

Have fun on your cruises. :)

Had me going there for a second as well....I was thinking the OP must be arriving in Tampa if they needed to be across Florida! Anyway, yeah, Pt Everglades in Ft Lauderdale is only 25 miles from the port of Miami. Most ships arrive early in Pt Everglades.....we're usually home in south Miami before lunch time. Should be no problem getting to the port in Miami in time unless there's a traffic jam on I-95, which is the case most weekends.

Most ships arrive early in Pt Everglades.....we're usually home in south Miami before lunch time.

TAs are the exception - or at least I would count on it being an exception - but the OP should still have plenty of time even if she doesn't get through immigration and customs until noon or even 1 pm.

You'll be fine but those that are telling you it is a half an hour are incorrect.

In the past year, I've never made it from downtown Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami in less than an hour. More people, more traffic, more bad drivers.