Puerto Vallarta Zip Line Differences

torybruno

NCL is offering two different zip line tours; Extreme Zip Line, and Vallarta Outdoor Adventure and Zip Line.

Honestly, the two tours do not sound much different from one another. Anyone have any great words of wisdom as to which one to book for my 20 and 25 year old guys?

Thanks for your help.

Vallarta Adventures is the excursion operator. Here are the excursion descriptions:

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/extreme-zip-line-canopy-adventure

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure

The only thing you need to know is the cruise lines have an exclusive contract with VA that does not allow VA (or other third party tour brokers) to sell direct to cruise ship passengers if the ship is selling the excursion. Both are great experiences, but they are not the only zipline excursions available in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

We have done 2 major PV ones

The one with the burro ride at the end taking you back to the start with the large hacienda building

The one with the river and small zoo at the end (the original, further away)

The one with the river and small zoo at the end is BY FAR THE BEST JUNGLE CANOPY EXPERIENCE. THE VISUAL OF THE LUSH JUNGLE CANOPY... FROM ABOVE... IS UNBELIEVABLE

btw... take and use bug spray... or suffer for a month+ ... no-see-ums are all teeth

We have done 2 major PV ones

The one with the burro ride at the end taking you back to the start with the large hacienda building

The one with the river and small zoo at the end (the original, further away)

The one with the river and small zoo at the end is BY FAR THE BEST JUNGLE CANOPY EXPERIENCE. THE VISUAL OF THE LUSH JUNGLE CANOPY... FROM ABOVE... IS UNBELIEVABLE

btw... take and use bug spray... or suffer for a month+ ... no-see-ums are all teeth

I guess I'm confused (not entirely unusual). What's the name of the one with the river and small zoo? I've been looking at Los Veranos which has similar features.

I guess I'm confused (not entirely unusual). What's the name of the one with the river and small zoo? I've been looking at Los Veranos which has similar features.

Yes, Los Veranos spans a river valley, has a swimmin' spot and a micro-zoo. We've done this one three times and really enjoy it. It also has a full service restaurant, tequila tasting bar and has provisions for "ride alongs" (people who want to go to the excursion site but not zipline).

If I recall correctly, the offer a photo collection and a DVD video of your groups experience for an additional charge. These services are offered by independent sub-contractors with one taking CC's and the other being cash only. I don't remember the cost.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Yes, Los Veranos spans a river valley, has a swimmin' spot and a micro-zoo. We've done this one three times and really enjoy it. It also has a full service restaurant, tequila tasting bar and has provisions for "ride alongs" (people who want to go to the excursion site but not zipline).

If I recall correctly, the offer a photo collection and a DVD video of your groups experience for an additional charge. These services are offered by independent sub-contractors with one taking CC's and the other being cash only. I don't remember the cost.

Enjoy!

Thank you! One more question if you don't mind; approximately how much time should the experience take? We're in port from 10-6. Did you use their timed shuttles or find your own way there?

They do offer a "free shuttle" from various pickup points to the tour office but none of them are within easy walking distance from the port. So, in my opinion, it makes more sense to taxi it direct to the "romantic zone" tour office and start the excursion from there.

Allow 10-15 minutes walking from ship's gangway to port entrance and grab a yellow city taxi to the tour office (20 minute ride). I seem to remember that the minimum time (tour office to excursion site, zipline, return to tour office) is roughly 3 3/4 hours.

Be at the tour office by 11:30 Vallarta local time (assuming the schedule on your day has 11:45 as office pickup time) and you will have a relaxed, enjoyable day with time to linger downtown after the ziplining.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

They do offer a "free shuttle" from various pickup points to the tour office but none of them are within easy walking distance from the port. So, in my opinion, it makes more sense to taxi it direct to the "romantic zone" tour office and start the excursion from there.

Allow 10-15 minutes walking from ship's gangway to port entrance and grab a yellow city taxi to the tour office (20 minute ride). I seem to remember that the minimum time (tour office to excursion site, zipline, return to tour office) is roughly 3 3/4 hours.

Be at the tour office by 11:30 Vallarta local time (assuming the schedule on your day has 11:45 as office pickup time) and you will have a relaxed, enjoyable day with time to linger downtown after the ziplining.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

NCL is offering two different zip line tours; Extreme Zip Line, and Vallarta Outdoor Adventure and Zip Line.

Honestly, the two tours do not sound much different from one another. Anyone have any great words of wisdom as to which one to book for my 20 and 25 year old guys?

Thanks for your help.

We did Vallarata was great

Took a speed boat straight from dock

Wild open truck ride to the site, safety orientation and gear up

Donkey ride up to the start

Some fun jungle zips and waterfall repelling

Finished with some wild water slides

Snacks and photo viewing at the end, some below

Truck and speed boat back to the ship.

p1082507615-3.jpg

p1081906977-4.jpg

p1081907019-4.jpg

p1081907003-4.jpg

p1081907047-4.jpg

• 1 month later...

We did Los Veranos on our own last week and had a fantastic time. They have a shuttle pick up near the cruise terminal or you can go to their office. By shuttle, I mean something that wouldn't quite pass US DOT standards but provided a fun ride along the coast and up the canyon to their site.

The guides were funny, engaging, and quickly put my DW at ease that she was not going to die that day. Their equipment is well maintained and the zip lines are in great shape. The set up is to start you on a few really easy lines between two trees and work you up to the long ones that criss-cross the river. All of us found it really fun. The whole experience lasted about 4.5 hours round trip.

Note: It is moderately strenuous getting around their course and you have to climb several circular stair cases which might seem a bit open for some. However, at no time did this middle aged overweight tourist feel winded, pushed to the limit, or exposed to any real danger.

The main area at the end is beautiful and the food and drinks excellent, just note that you will be paying US domestic prices for these (lunch ran about $65). I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to have a little adventure in their trip and see some beautiful scenery.

• 10 months later...
We did Los Veranos on our own last week and had a fantastic time. They have a shuttle pick up near the cruise terminal or you can go to their office. By shuttle, I mean something that wouldn't quite pass US DOT standards but provided a fun ride along the coast and up the canyon to their site.

The guides were funny, engaging, and quickly put my DW at ease that she was not going to die that day. Their equipment is well maintained and the zip lines are in great shape. The set up is to start you on a few really easy lines between two trees and work you up to the long ones that criss-cross the river. All of us found it really fun. The whole experience lasted about 4.5 hours round trip.

Note: It is moderately strenuous getting around their course and you have to climb several circular stair cases which might seem a bit open for some. However, at no time did this middle aged overweight tourist feel winded, pushed to the limit, or exposed to any real danger.

The main area at the end is beautiful and the food and drinks excellent, just note that you will be paying US domestic prices for these (lunch ran about $65). I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to have a little adventure in their trip and see some beautiful scenery.

What do you mean "on our own"? Did you book the tour apart from the cruise?

I ask because we will be in PV on December 14th from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. I want to wait until we get to PV to book the excursion.

We have friends that go to PV often and said to get a taxi to go straight to the zipline area and skip the shopping portion and just pay to zipline. Has anyone done this?

I need tips on the best way to save money on a zipline tour. I have 5 people from 16-51 to pay for.

Thanks.

I ask because we will be in PV on December 14th from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. I want to wait until we get to PV to book the excursion.

We have friends that go to PV often and said to get a taxi to go straight to the zipline area and skip the shopping portion and just pay to zipline. Has anyone done this?

I need tips on the best way to save money on a zipline tour. I have 5 people from 16-51 to pay for.

Thanks.

There are a number of companies that offer zipline excursions. This is a link to a third party tour broker that handles most of them: http://www.puertovallartatours.net/canopy-tours.htm

Vallarta Adventures provides the excursions sold by the ship. The rest can be booked direct with vendor or through a tour broker. I don't know which zipline excursions can be booked at the port, if any. It would be helpful if your friends told you the name of the company they used.

I have personally used Vallarta Adventures once and Los Veranos three times. Both were great.

Thanks.

It might work or maybe not. It will depend on how busy they are. You take a risk for a long wait or even that they are booked, but then yes you can be lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Our family did the Extreme Adventure and the Outdoor Adventure. Both were a lot of fun. I think my kids liked the Outdoor one better.

Speed boat, Big Truck ride, Mules, Lots of ziping and repelling, couple water slices. The watermelon juice was really good at the end too!