2 cards?

Rozza1980

Each individual passenger gets his or her own On Board Account; there is not one On Board Account per cabin, they are personal. On this will be everything you have signed for personally using your Cruise Card, plus any charges that relate specifically to you e.g. auto tips or excursions booked by you. To be fair it is best to alternately sign in bars when you buy drinks when on a cruise with a buddy. You register your own credit card to pay your own account. Everyone in the cabin does the same with any number up to four cruisers inhabiting a cabin each paying for what they had using whatever card they register.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Traveling with a buddy in October. Can we separate our bank cards for our onboard expenditure? Or will we just have to split the damage at the end?

You get your own cards. Just don't ask for a second card for the same person as I witnessed on a Princess ship (a man wanted a secret card that he could hide from his wife - he had $1000 in cash and wanted to gamble and drink without her knowing). His request was declined, much to his disappointment.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I understand that I get two cards for the room. What I wasn't sure about was if we could both assign our own credit cards to the room and pay our bills independently, or are we only able to regester one card?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I understand that I get two cards for the room. What I wasn't sure about was if we could both assign our own credit cards to the room and pay our bills independently, or are we only able to regester one card?
I think Hattie answered that in post #2 ?

Two separate credit cards registered at check in = two separate accounts.

Best wishes for your trip in October.

Yes, you can assign your own credit card to your key card and your room mate can assign their credit card to their key card. You won't even get to see their bill as they arrive in separate envelopes at the end of the cruise.

Anticipating the next question:

If both guests in the room have their accounts registered to the same credit card, their OBCs are pooled so there's no need to make sure that each passenger burns through his/her share of the OBC.

Edited by Underwatr

No Rozza; YOU do not get two cards for the room. You personally only get ONE because your buddy gets the other one, not you. The other card is nothing whatsoever to do with you. Each person has their own personal cruise card and own personal On Board Account related to signings done with that card. The single card YOU get is used by you for YOUR purchases and the other card which your buddy gets is for their purchases. The cards are financed by the credit card you register before boarding. Each person will presumably register their own separate personal credit card supplied by their own different bank to pay for their own personal cruise card purchases. Financial settlement is therefore independent and done by each individual for what they have signed for during the cruise.

Regards John

Edited by john watson