Ebola Health Screening

lannp

I received an important notification from Cunard yesterday regarding an upcoming transatlantic. I'm not concerned but it does make you stop and think.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

* Important Information - Ebola Health Screening *

Following the recent news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that in collaboration with international health authorities we have

implemented new screening and boarding procedures. Any passenger or crew member who has travelled to or through Liberia, Sierra Leone or

Guinea within 21 days of their cruise departure date will be denied boarding.

This policy also applies to anyone who has had contact with or helped care for, a person suspected of having Ebola within 21 days of their

cruise departure date. We are also screening our bookings for any passengers coming from these countries. We continue to monitor the

situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. If you require further information on Ebola, you can visit the Center

for Disease Control and Prevention's website at http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/ Should you have any questions or concerns about these travel

requirements, please contact us on 1 (800) 728-6273.

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

It's been in place for a while and I recall a similar notice on my October 2014 voyage. (In the Behind the Scenes tour the medical center had an isolation room set up. Unoccupied, thankfully.) It's not to be trifled with since it is an extremely febrile disease that requires intensive nursing care and extreme isolation practices. Not like Noro were the worst that generally happens is three days spent very close to a bathroom.