IAH hotel or near Galveston port?

ERLEC

What is your thoughts about that? I'm looking into a Carnival Breeze cruise for Feb 2018 and will arrive the day before the cruise (on Saturday). Should I check hotels near the IAH airport or something close to the pier in Galveston?

What is your experience here. It will be a first time leaving from Galveston for us. I always took cruises from Florida east coast ports.

We are going in a week and decided to get a hotel near the airport with airport shuttle, then just shuttle back to airport in the morning for the carnival transfer. However both groups have later flights getting in at 5 and 7 pm and with a one year old in each group we will just need to get to the hotel quickly grab some dinner and get the kids to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
We are getting in to IAH the day before our cruise. If we wanted to stay in Galveston, how would we get to our hotel if we are not renting a car? What are the transportation options?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Private transfers:

Galveston Limo(all day-everyday)

Galveston Express

Cabs

Getme

Uber

Pink

Other private limo services

See galveston.com

If you stay by airport

Take cruise line sponsored transfers (only same day of cruise)

Depends on how early Saturday. If it's not too late, I'd get a hotel in Galveston and enjoy the island on Saturday evening. It will be much more entertaining than a hotel near IAH. I'd say give it about an hour and a half from IAH to the island. Book early and expect to pay more if it is Mardi Gras, but the fun will be worth it. On Galveston, nearness to the port isn't an issue. It's not a big island, and travel time to the port isn't much from anywhere - most hotels will have shuttles. I live 15 minutes from IAH and on cruise days, I usually drive my parents in from my house without any issues. We're actually going on the next one, though, so we're hiring a limo to take us all down there.