Singapore Customs Allowance? (wine)

cowprintrabbit

The Singapore government website is not cooperating with my phone [emoji34]

I found on a travel agent's website that we can have 1 liter each of wine, liquor, and beer coming from the US. If we don't want liquor, we can have 2 wine, 1 beer or vice versa.

Does anyone know if we can simply have 3 bottles of wine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

The Singapore government website is not cooperating with my phone [emoji34]

I found on a travel agent's website that we can have 1 liter each of wine, liquor, and beer coming from the US. If we don't want liquor, we can have 2 wine, 1 beer or vice versa.

Does anyone know if we can simply have 3 bottles of wine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

From my reading of the Singapore site it appears to be two bottles of wine per person.

Not two "Bottles" - 2 liters. (in the US, a standard bottle is 750ml so you'd be short-changing yourself - you can find a few liter bottles if you look hard. Most are 1.5 when they get bigger, though...)

There were two of us so I simply packed a 3L box of wine and 1L bourbon in 2 suitcases. But not searched so a moot point....[we could have brought beer, too, but opted not to]

For those who cannot open the website, there are 3 options. It's either A or B or C for each person (with other restrictions like must have been out of the country >48 hrs, not flying from Malaysia etc):

Option A: 1L spirits, 1L wine, 1L beer

Option B: 2L wine, 1L beer

Option C: 1L wine, 2L beer

https://www.customs.gov.sg/individuals/going-through-customs/arrival/duty-free-concession-and-gst-relief#sthash.o3vb96E6.dpuf

It's PER PERSON. You say "we" have 3 bottles. Do you have 6 bottles between the 2 of you? Even 4 would make your luggage very heavy.

Yes, it would be 6 between the two of us, if it was allowed. We have a custom hard sided, foam lined wine carrier because our family owns a winery and we are spoiled ;-)

Delta Business Class international allowance is (3) 70lb suitcases per person so we're good there.

Delta Business Class international allowance is (3) 70lb suitcases per person so we're good there.

It's 2 70# bags unless you're medallion. You might be medallion, but just clarifying what Delta's rules are :*

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/baggage/before-your-trip/checked.html?icid=Policy_Ck_Baggage_Ongoing

OK, so you drink your own wine, then I understand. Because they do sell wine in Singapore.

Good allowance by the airline but you still have to carry this around.

I go on 4-5 week trips with less than 25 pounds of luggage. I always wonder what people carry in these numerous big suitcases :-)

It's really not that hard. Taxi to hotel, taxi to cruise ship. We've done it as well. I can pack light, or I can pack heavier. [the only time I was up to Delta's baggage limits was when I was bringing multiple computers to a job in east Africa:eek:]

We all travel differently because we're all different people. That's what makes life so much fun ;p

It's 2 70# bags unless you're medallion. You might be medallion, but just clarifying what Delta's rules are :*

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/baggage/before-your-trip/checked.html?icid=Policy_Ck_Baggage_Ongoing

Thanks for the clarification - yes, the hubs is Diamond, Million Miler, all that because of business travel...

OK, so you drink your own wine, then I understand. Because they do sell wine in Singapore.

I go on 4-5 week trips with less than 25 pounds of luggage. I always wonder what people carry in these numerous big suitcases :-)

Yes, we hate paying for the expensive cruise ship wine when we like our better for just the corkage fee ;-)

Cruises we always end up heavy - dive gear, 3 formal nights, running clothes/shoes...