Queen Elizabeth help please

babs135

Not for me unfortunately :( Friends who are not computer savvy asked me to find a cruise with certain parameters. I have found them 14 nights on the Elizabeth cruising the western Med at the end of May and today they have just told me they have booked it. (I am sooo jealous. It sounds fab).

They have now asked me what I know about the ship which is precisely nothing as I've only sailed on the QM2, hence my question. I assume the dress code is as strict as on the QM2 and what else can I tell them?

Thanks

We did a similar Med cruise on the QE a couple of years ago. Yes the dress code is as strict as the QM2 - all three ships are the same in that regard.

The ship is easier to navigate than the QM2, especially when trying to find the Queen's Room! The library is on two floors but doesn't have the same relaxing areas as on the QM2. We prefer the Golden Lion on QE & QV to the one on the QM2 - more chance of getting served for lunch usually. The bathrooms in Britannia cabins are smaller than on the QM2. There is no Illuminations room like there is on the QM2 and so no dedicated cinema. You might get a film shown in the theatre some afternoons.

We prefer the QE and QV for port-intensive cruises. :):cool:

I assume things like canapes late afternoon and viewing the bridge are available?

I did wonder if there were any 'secrets' or 'quirks' that apply to the QE. After all it only took me 3 voyages on the QM2 to discover the canapes :o :)

I did wonder if there were any 'secrets' or 'quirks' that apply to the QE. After all it only took me 3 voyages on the QM2 to discover the canapes :o :)

Pre-Dinner Canapés are served with Cocktails in the Commodore Club.

Some say canapés are served (tray walk) once (early), but just ask the cocktail waiter. They never say no.

There's no bridge viewing, that is unique to QM2.

I have viewed the bridge on QE when I booked the "Behind the Scenes Tour" It is expensive but lasts for nearly 3 hours and finishes with a trip to the bridge and then back to Commodore Club for a glass of champagne.

I have viewed the bridge on QE when I booked the "Behind the Scenes Tour" It is expensive but lasts for nearly 3 hours and finishes with a trip to the bridge and then back to Commodore Club for a glass of champagne.

But that is a "visit" to the bridge which, as you have indicated, is expensive. In the context of the OP's question there is no public bridge viewing area on either QE or QV like there is on QM2 whereby one can just turn up (during the opening hours) and peer through the glass.

The QE and QV have a giant chess board and playing pieces outside on the roof of the Yacht Club/Hemispheres (QV)

The carpets in the cabin corridors on the QE and QV are colour coded - red border for port side and blue border for starboard on QE (and complete carpet colour on QV).

Both the QE and QV have coat hooks on the cabin walls to hang up your outerwear jackets on. The QM2 doesn't have this feature. You have to bring your own magnetic hooks or 3M Command hooks (a useful tip I got from these boards). :)