First Timer - Royal Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas - Weather Question

mackenzie80

Hey everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading up on the cruise! This will be our first cruise (hubby and myself). We are going on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas January 22, 2018 to the Western Caribbean (Haiti, Jamacia, Cozumel stops) for 7 days.

Will it be cold on the ship while out at sea? I realize the first and last day being at port in the US will likely be cooler, but wondering about my at Sea days. Will we be able to enjoy the pool or layout or will we freeze?

Hey everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading up on the cruise! This will be our first cruise (hubby and myself). We are going on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas January 22, 2018 to the Western Caribbean (Haiti, Jamacia, Cozumel stops) for 7 days.

Will it be cold on the ship while out at sea? I realize the first and last day being at port in the US will likely be cooler, but wondering about my at Sea days. Will we be able to enjoy the pool or layout or will we freeze?

It will absolutely not be cold at night in the Caribbean. That area has fairly consistent weather all year round with it being typically in the low 80's during the day and mid-high 70's at night that time of year. Slightly hotter in the summer.

If that's freezing to you then bring a coat! :D Seriously- it will not be cold - it's the Caribbean! It will also be very comfortable on the day of departure and return - typical of FL in the winter.

Keep in mind, on day one you will be able to board around 11:00 and will leave port around 5:00. That first day will include getting familiar with the ship, getting into your stateroom around 1:00, and doing the muster drill around 4:30. Not sure how much pool time you'll really have that day. Your last day at Port Canaveral you will need to be out of your stateroom by about 8:30 and off the ship not later than about 10:00 - zero pool time on the last day.

Enjoy your cruise - Oasis is a great ship and one of our favorites.

So for those of you who have already cruised on the Oasis any types for first timers!?

Reserve your times for the production shows, aqua theater shows, and comedy club show in advance as soon as the bookings open up. This will assure you of the days and times you want for each. Keep in mind that the comedy club is a small venue the times can book quickly. Oasis is as much the destination as the ports of call so balance your time on board to see and do the things you want, but don't try to do everything available listed in the daily Cruise Compass. Depending on when you board, the Windjammer can get pretty crowded at lunch, so maybe consider the Park Cafe on Deck 8 in Central Park as an alternative on day one - great roast beef sandwiches.

Just enjoy your first cruise - I'm certain it won't be your last!