Full World Cruise anyone

Bedruthen

Hello there,

Could anyone say if there are any additional benefits if you book a full World Cruise. I know that there is a separate lounge area, but is there anything else? We were wondering about priority embarkation, tenders etc?

Thanks

There are usually a few extra gifts that are left in your state room from time to time. Nice but nothing huge.

The World Cruise on-shore dinner for just World Cruise passengers is an outstanding event.

The separate lounge and concierge is interesting and useful depending on who is assigned to the position and how much they are willing to do.

Being on board for 100 days or so allows for more of a chance to be assigned to an officers table for a segment of the journey. If invited, accept, the experience is excellent no matter which officer asthey all have lots to contribute.

If you are a solo passenger, gives you lots of time to make friends.

Take the largest table you can get in the dining room as you will really enjoy a full table for a full World. If the mix is not right change but it will result in life long friends.

Highly recommend the cruise and if you can not afford an outside cabin, look into an inside, they are really only for sleeping and the money saved can be used for other expenses rather than stretching just to be outside. Plenty of outside deck room other than a small balcony.

Just a query Lakesregion. You mentioned about being assigned to an Officers Table. So this suggests that your table varies according to sectors? Aussie Flyer and I were assigned an Officers Table on a World sector - from Adelaide to Hong Kong - 23 nights and I agree, it was an excellent experience.

On the 2014 QE WV officers only ate in the MDR on formal nights. The officers varied. Full world cruisers were invited to dine with officers at least once during the cruise. This was at least true for second sitting. Things may have been different at first.

Full world cruisers did not get priority for tenders in 2014.

I believe Cunard is now giving a free night in Southampton before the cruise for certain categories of staterooms (they did not do this in 2014),

Edited by Scrapnana