Need Your Opinion

drychi

My wife and I are interested in a trans-Atlantic on QM2 on October 25, 2018. Am considering Cabin 11081 for our first Cunard cruise upon recommendation of travel agent. It is located underneath a small bar in the corner of the pool on deck 12. Anyone have any feedback on this Cabin choice? Thanks. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally, we always try and choose a cabin with cabins above and below, but if that isn't possible, it could be worse as that bar doesn't open too early.

There is sometimes live music in that area during the day, so you might possibly be disturbed if you want a rest at some stage when they're playing.

Cruiseluvva thanks for your insights. Do you recall if the live music was after 8:00 p.m.?

I trust cruiseluvva won't mind too much if I contribute to answering your question. As far as I know, the only regularly scheduled live music in the Pavilion Pool area are the "Poolside Music" performances held shortly after the noon hour. To be more precise, those performances are usually from 12:30pm to 1:30pm except during eastbound crossings on days when the clock is advanced an hour at noon. Then those performances are from 1:30pm to 2:30pm.

The only other situation I am aware of is when sailaway parties on embarkation day are moved indoors to the Pavilion Pool area because of inclement weather. Those musical performances are typically about an hour long beginning at departure time. For a transatlantic crossing, the music for the sailaway party should be finished well before 8:00pm.

Regards,

John

Blue marble is correct. That area is completely quiet at night, almost dead. It's an indoor pool that attracts folks during the day, swimmers, loungers, ping-pong players. By sundown there is no one around.

We were in 11005 for 26 days. OK more forward than 11081, but l found the benefits exceptional. Just a very short and easy stroll to the forward observation area. The barely used exterior lift goes direct to the Commodore Club and Deck 7. I alwAys found it quiet, as the Ships Senior Officers are just down the hall. Very close to a laundry, which from where we were was devoid of commotion.

No drama whatsoever with any weather!! Great sailing!

If the ocean is stirring, low and in the middle of the ship is the best cabin.

I second this. We would not book a cabin on the higher decks on TA in October. If the weather cooperates great but if not....last October it was cool but smooth.

Edited by Cancun01