Packing cubes?

First timer36

I'm convinced! [emoji5]️ Any suggestions for where to get best prices for a few small/mediums to try? (have checked out TJ Maxx)

Thanks

Ebags & Amazon are good places to find some affordable ones - I got my 2 sets of packing cubes (small, medium, large) from Marshall's when they had them in stock.

Gotta say, can pack alot in those cubes - I stuffed 14 dresses in one large cube and still had space to more clothes in it. :p:o The small and medium cubes are also perfect, when you don't have dresser drawers on some ships. :D

I purchased a lot of mine on Sierratradingpost dot com. However, ebags has great colors and a great selection too.

Sierra has the best prices. I'm sure Amazon is competitive too. I like the shoe bags too for keeping the soles from touching my clothes. (I'm a little weird about shoes that way :-))

It might work if the size/volume of the packing cubes exactly divided the suitcase, but my experience has been that they leave a lot of unused space in the volume of the suitcase. Can't recommend filling the gaps with socks and underwear - that's what goes in the cubes!

Edited by Underwatr

E Bags was having a sale on them the other day, not sure if it is still going on. They also have the at TJ's, Marshalls, etc. Target has some but they are really more expensive there.

The beauty is that there are no gaps in my luggage. The cubes afford enough space in between to add shoes, coffee cup, etc, etc. The ease of unpacking is what makes them so great. Drawer space in the cabin can be tight so being able to have everyone's stuff in it's own little space is wonderful. I would suggest getting different colors for each person in the cabin to keep thing even more organized.

I avoid them because our suitcases are large enough and we don't need to fill them any more than they will hold without a cube.

Keith

It's not about capacity, it's about organization. Not everyone who uses packing cubes is trying to squeeze as much as possible inside them. And that organizational utility transfers over to various types of stateroom storage. For example, they were very helpful when I stayed inside a Norwegian studio room, which doesn't have any drawers.

Edited by perditax

Maybe Keith is thinking about the ones you fill and then suck the air out, compressing them and getting much more into the suitcase. Those are not the ones we are talking about here.

We bought ours at eBags years ago and we love them. Suitcase remains so tidy even after the TSA people go through it, and as others say, when you get to the hotel or cruise, all you have to do is transfer them to the drawer.

Has anyone used packing cube? Did you like them? I am thinking of getting some for our trip in February. Just curious if others have used them and they were helpful.

Love them! Each member of the family has their own color. We bring extras to start putting dirty clothes into until some empty out.

We just keep our things in them when we unpack - they can be put in drawers or stacked on shelves. Really good for hotel stays too.

Also very nice if TSA goes through your bags :)

It might work if the size/volume of the packing cubes exactly divided the suitcase, but my experience has been that they leave a lot of unused space in the volume of the suitcase. Can't recommend filling the gaps with socks and underwear - that's what goes in the cubes!
Eagle Creek makes both packing cubes/folders and suitcases. Their suitcases are sized so that the combination of cubes fills the dimensions of the case. Try looking at their luggage and you'll see the "suggested" way to fill it.

And, FWIW, their luggage holds up quite well - good thoughtful design, sturdy hardware and reasonable weight.

As for the "space bags" which compress things down -- I've only found those useful for cold weather cruises (North Cape/Spitzbergen and Antarctica) where I need to pack sweaters and parkas.

Edited by FlyerTalker

Packing cubes are the best. Also search on youtube for packing tips and look at the videos explaining how to roll clothes rather than fold them. These two things have been an absolute lifesaver for me in packing and it really shocked me at first how much space I was wasting. Now I take around 10 packing cubes for me and the husband (colour co-ordinated!) and it makes unpacking in the cabin so much easier too. Mine are ebags bought on amazon (UK) since they were the cheapest and I've had no durability problems with them despite them being hauled around the world.

Edited by Cruise_Christy