Entertainment director on qm2

NSWP

G'day, can anybody out there in Cunardsville enlighten me as to who is the current Entertainment Director and contact information for QM2, 2017 World Voyage? Looking to arrange a Cruise Critic Roll Call Meet and Greet for Sydney to HK sector. Cannot find out from Cunard site.

Thanks in anticipation.

G'day, can anybody out there in Cunardsville enlighten me as to who is the current Entertainment Director and contact information for QM2, 2017 World Voyage? Looking to arrange a Cruise Critic Roll Call Meet and Greet for Sydney to HK sector. Cannot find out from Cunard site.

Thanks in anticipation.

At present it's Sally Sagoe.

andhow

Don't expect the Cruise Director to help out or show up for your Meet and Greet. They seem to have bigger fish to fry. Expect to have an informal gathering in the Commodore Club on the first sea day at about 2:00. That's tradition and all you can hope for on Cunard. Make the best of it and you will have a wonderful time on your own.

Cunard no longer advertise who the senior officers are.

It's a shame in my opinion.

All due to tight security these days I'm afraid. Not only that, crew rotations and schedules are a personal matter between the company and the employee.

Thanks in anticipation.

You can try an email to

cunardonboardservices@cunard.com

As previous members have advised, don't expect much from Cunard. The last try I made was "forgotten" by the onboard guest services coordinator (though that was on the Queen Victoria)! The Commodore Club at 2 p.m. on the first full day at sea is much easier.

Thanks all, if Cunard are hard to get on with re CC M&G's have to organise our own. Golden Lion pub sounds ok., not sure about the board room, they might not let us in dressed in shorts.

Meet and greets generally seem to happen in the Commodore Club (which is nice and large and has a good bar). The Pub will be very noisy and quite busy I would think. I have a feeling that for an 'unofficial' meet and greet the time is 2pm on the first sea day - advertise it on the roll call and see who turns up. Cunard do not really provide anything or assist in arrangements from what I have seen. I don't think it is a matter of Cunard being 'hard to get on with' but their passengers probably are not into these as much as on some other lines. Personally I am over them now and don't go unless I have made arrangements for a shore tour with someone for example. Some people seem to like making them a big thing with name tags, prizes etc - not for this little black duck :eek:

Meet and greets generally seem to happen in the Commodore Club (which is nice and large and has a good bar). The Pub will be very noisy and quite busy I would think. I have a feeling that for an 'unofficial' meet and greet the time is 2pm on the first sea day - advertise it on the roll call and see who turns up. Cunard do not really provide anything or assist in arrangements from what I have seen. I don't think it is a matter of Cunard being 'hard to get on with' but their passengers probably are not into these as much as on some other lines. Personally I am over them now and don't go unless I have made arrangements for a shore tour with someone for example. Some people seem to like making them a big thing with name tags, prizes etc - not for this little black duck :eek:

Yes, I agree: 2pm on the first sea day by the piano in the Commodore Club - some traditions never go out of style, for the simple fact that they work well for most :)

Cheers,

Salacia

I have just got off in Fremantle it is joe Haley and she is hopeless u never see her

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Uh oh, ye olde Phantom Cruise Director/Entertainment Manager/Director. How was the ship anyway?

Jo Hayley at the moment, ( 7th Feb) Sally Sago will join QM2 later in the voyage.

Her first time on QM2 so won't know which way to turn. :D

All due to tight security these days I'm afraid. Not only that, crew rotations and schedules are a personal matter between the company and the employee.

If so, then perhaps we should respect this security measure? Just a thought. -Salacia

I'm not sure why knowing the Officers could be a security risk. Certainly the Commodore was enjoying many photo opps on a World Voyage a couple of years ago. I'd like to know too - we had a good one a couple of years ago on QM2 but since then on other cruise lines they have been duds.

I'm not sure why knowing the Officers could be a security risk. Certainly the Commodore was enjoying many photo opps on a World Voyage a couple of years ago. I'd like to know too - we had a good one a couple of years ago on QM2 but since then on other cruise lines they have been duds.

It isn't a security risk, someone has just pulled that from out of the air.

Exactly, they get the photos when they want to, like the P&O Pennisular Club Magazine and Princess Captains Circle magazine we get mailed every 3 months full of staff pics.

I couldn't care less who the cruise/entertainment director actually is on a ship. As long as the advertised activities occur as per the daily schedule I don't need to know their name or see them in action. Others differ and like to meet them I know.

Like everything, one person's hopeless will be another's OK.

I couldn't care less who the cruise/entertainment director actually is on a ship. As long as the advertised activities occur as per the daily schedule I don't need to know their name or see them in action. Others differ and like to meet them I know.

Like everything, one person's hopeless will be another's OK.

You mean you don't like the jokes at the end of the shows? Wait. Did we ever see the end of the shows? :)

You mean you don't like the jokes at the end of the shows? Wait. Did we ever see the end of the shows? :)

Here is an end of show joke then....Quote..'The showers on Princess are that small, the big guys just have to soap the walls and spin around.' And the crowd roared, lol.