Are you on QV now? I need....

erniebernie

Hi would someone who is on QV now please be so kind and go to the shop that sells watches and look for a Mens Citizen Eco Drive watch and just give me an average price. I dont know if they have a Duty Free Sale at anytime or they are at Duty Free prices all the time. It will be my husbands birthday while we are on board so would really like to buy him one depending on price.As i have been told sometime things arent all that cheap D.F. Many thanks Allison

I think you might have to give a bit more information than that. I just Googled it and there seems to be a few different models in that range. Different dials and different straps etc. Straight away I can see two models and two prices at Argos.

Hi would someone who is on QV now please be so kind and go to the shop that sells watches and look for a Mens Citizen Eco Drive watch and just give me an average price. I dont know if they have a Duty Free Sale at anytime or they are at Duty Free prices all the time. It will be my husbands birthday while we are on board so would really like to buy him one depending on price.As i have been told sometime things arent all that cheap D.F. Many thanks Allison

May one suggest you contact Harding Retail direct, as they have the Cunard Retail concession. HR will be able to answer all your various questions, leaving cruisers free to enjoy their vacation.

Im guessing they dont have 147 different watches onboard and as it is a suprise I cant say if he would like Gold or Silver,chunky dial or slimline etc. Thanks I will try and contact H.R Sorry to those of you who have had your cruise ruined by my question.

Thanks I will try and contact H.R Sorry to those of you who have had your cruise ruined by my question.

Rest assured my cruise was not ruined !

But what you could do is once on board, you could check on line to see what the price differences are. To give you an example, last time I was on the QV I looked the price of 2 or 3 painting up. The ones on board looked cheaper, but then you had to add VAT and import duty on, plus shipping and by the time you'd done all that it worked out pretty much the same.

Rest assured my cruise was not ruined !

But what you could do is once on board, you could check on line to see what the price differences are. To give you an example, last time I was on the QV I looked the price of 2 or 3 painting up. The ones on board looked cheaper, but then you had to add VAT and import duty on, plus shipping and by the time you'd done all that it worked out pretty much the same.

Good idea Thanks. I have been online and taken note of some that i think will do and will compare them when onboard.

Good idea Thanks. I have been online and taken note of some that i think will do and will compare them when onboard.

Think that is a good plan. If they don't have the exact same ones on board, they may have something similar that you like. You can maybe compare the prices at shops in Sydney if you have time as well. I'm not sure what time you will have available to you or when his actual birthday is.

Also I don't think it ruins anyone's cruise to make a post like this - it is a simple request that if someone is able to check for you, well and good. I see people post things like this all the time. I also remember Cunard posters asking others to check the location of tables in the MDR so that they can request one asking for a list of prices for the bar etc. :)

Oh Safarigal you are a treasure! Thank you so much. Im looking at a gold one with a thin dial not big and chunky i think it measures 7mm deep. I saw one instore and it was around $500. Thanks again/Allison:)

I chatted to the shop guys and they weren't able to identify which watch you want - except if it's the one with a square face. They have quite a few models on board - if you have more details let me know!