off topic SURPRISING SOMEONE WITH THE GIFT OF A CRUISE

bananatami

Anyone have any good stories of how you surprised someone by giving them a gift of a cruise? I came up with a cute way and thought I would share to give some people some ideas.

I'm 21 and my bf is 22, we just celebrated our 2 year anniversary and for our anniversary I gave him the great gift of a cruise for the 2 of us. He took me to dinner and from there I blindfolded him and drove his car to a nearby beach (we live on lake Erie) there is one spot that has a waterfall. I parked the car and took his had and guided him down a flight of stairs that ends on a small concreate platform. I layed a blanket down, took a tap light (candles would have blown out) 2 champaign glasses and my walkman that had mini speakers playing Ella Fitzgerald's "Isn't it romantic" I took the blindfold off and presented him is gift. The way I "wrapped" the card that said we were going on a cruise was, I put it in a blue bottle with a cork (got it at a craft store) and placed it inside a childs sand buket filled with sand. On top of the sand was an assortment of seashells that were also placed thruout the sand. also a wooden palm tree and sail boat that I hand painted. He had to dig thru the sand and find the seashells. on each seashell I had pained a letter and color coded them (Blue letters, orange letters and so on) The blue letters spelled out ARUBA the orange BARBADOS so he then had to unscramble them. at the very bottom of the bucket I had a seashell that had the map of the itenerary that I cut from the carnival book and glued on the shell. I helped him with the unscrabling and also sifting thru the sand. I figured this was a very original way to present a gift of a cruise other than in an envalope.

also, with the hand painted palm tree, I painted one for myself as well, I'm going to go to Michaels and get a wooden craft picture from, glue the palm tree to it and put a picture of us from the cruise.

Sorry this was such a long post, I would love to hear other stories

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL DESTINY~

Sounds like a lot of work. icon_razz.gif

I prefer the "shut up and pack, we're leaving" method.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

For my son's honeymoon I sent them on a cruise. I gave them an envelope with sand in it and a map that sent them on a treasure hunt. It was fun because no one was home so they had to figure things out for themselfs.

When I got back for the doctor's (I go reg as I have MS) they were just reading the last clue. "A book you will sea is for fun and sun. A bird's eye view of the ocean blue." with love Mom

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

thats such a great idea. I'm so bad a planning a treasure hunt.

how long have you had MS? my mom was diagnosed last April that was 2 months after my grandpa (her dad) and 4 months after my uncle (her brother) passed away, with all the stress with the sudden deaths and I was living in florida at the time (I was 19, just turning 20 and living so far away) and then finding out about the MS it hit her hard. she was in hospitals and nursing homes for 8 months, couldnt feed herself, walk, or even talk. In December (3 months after I moved back home from my internship at Disney) she passed away. Its been a real tough time. Take good care of yourself please

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL DESTINY~

From the sounds of it She had the worst type of MS. I have Secondary Progressive for 10 years which means I'm slowly getting worst with some attack occassionally. I can not work and I'm a widow. I go on cruises becasue I can enjoy the scenic views on a bad day but on a good one I go on tours (short). I like to watch people and the games. I love to take pics.

Sorry re your mother. MS is a horrible deaseae (sp) but with research and new meds it isimproving. God Bless

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Your ideas were both wonderful.So thoughtful and loving.My aunt gave me a cruise as a gift. We just got back from 11 days on the summit. My husband took care of our children so i could go. it was such a wonderful total treat. As a thank you... every morning when my aunt took her shower I placed a small wrapped gift on her pillow. It was so fun and she was so delighted. i had also ordered flowers and champagne to be delivered to the room precruise thru "just because of you". It was great and the flowers were beautiful. They made the room smell so wonderful.

you all take good care of yourselves

Nadine

Archived