Speciality restaurants Britannia

lolabarola

Hi

We will be on the Britannia in January and are looking forward to trying the speciality restaurants and Limelight. In your experience is it necessary to book restaurants prior to the cruise? We don't really want to commit until the actual evening, or maybe the day before - we're on Freedom dining and like to keep the evenings flexible.

Can we use our onboard credit to pay for the restaurants, shore excursions and spa if we book via cruise personaliser before we go? We usually cruise with Princess where charges are applied to the onboard account but I seem to remember that P and O charge upfront....any info much appreciated.

Hi if you book via the cruise personaliser before you go you pay in advance and don't use OBC. We book ours when we board and usually get the tables and times we want. I would say if there is a specific act at the Limelight you want to see book it as soon as you board or before, to avoid risk of missing out. I have noticed that there is generally availability in the restaurants throughout the cruise, especially as the cover charges are higher than they used to be, so my GUESS is you will get tables, if you are prepared to take what ever time is left last minute. Some days will be more popular than others, personally I would book when boarding and cancel if you change your mind (in time to avoid any charge).

It is only a GUESS in Florry's answer but if you want a particular night in Sindhu/Epicurean and to see a particular act for the Limelight Club my advice and experience is to book in advance as soon as they become available on your Cruise Personaliser especially Sindhu because it is very popular.

Edited by majortom10

I tried Sindhu on Britannia, fantastic - £15 per person but worth every penny

Also tried the Beach House - which is the Horizon? restaurant during the day but they partition half of one side of to make the Beach House - also fantastic

The food on Britannia is amazing, I dont think I`ve ever eaten as much food in two weeks as I did on Britannia

Enjoy Britannia, She is a BIG ship but very beautiful :)

• 2 weeks later...

The food is amazing. Need to diet now after returning today from the canaries. Loved the Epicurian if you want to push the boat out. we booked before travelling but there were places available. We had a dire experience with Sindhu in april which put us off trying it again. The Limelight club food is excellent, however we weren't keen on the Eric and Ern act. The Beach House is fabulous for a £5 cover and you just turn up. It opens at 6.30 when the best seats are taken by the window.