Britannia

swfc

We saw the Eric & Ern' act aboard Britannia in August. The Limelight club is an excellent venue and the food really good even if the menu choices are somewhat limited.

We went towards the end of the two week cruise and it was only half full (maybe because it was a summer holiday cruise with many families aboard).

The Eric & Ern' act wasn't our cup of tea. I only laughed properly at the stupid brown paper bag gag!

Edited by Esprit

Hi , has anyone seen the Eric & Ern show in the Limelight club if so was it any good Cheers :)

I saw Eric and Ern when it was on in the West End a couple of years ago; it was recommended by a friend who working at the theatre. We (me, DH and two teenagers) loved it. In the WE the first half was a more serious piece about E&E's on- and off-stage relationship, the second half was a recreation of some of their famous gags and routines. Don't know if they are doing exactly the same in the Limelight Club. In the theatre it was just the two of them on stage for the whole show - quite a feat. Their likeness to E&E is quite remarkable IMHO. I think another regular contributor on here saw their show in the Limelight Club and enjoyed it. Effectively it's a tribute act, so it's a matter of taste.

• 2 weeks later...

The food was fabulous however we didn't particularly enjoy the Eric and Ern act. it was too predictable and dated. they did look very much like them but we were ready for off after the taster session of 15 mins and sat through the act. First ones to leave.