Luggage flying to Barbados

missbozz

I'm a little confused by luggage instructions for my Manchester flight to Barbados on 23/11/15. Can I have a 23 kg case or do I have to not exceed 20 kgs?

Also do P and O send out luggage labels as well as the print your own?

Many thanks if you can help! [emoji16]

I was confused with this when we went in February. I think 23kg is the flight weight limit and 20kg is the ship limit per bag. We took one case each just under 23kg and didn't have any problems. You don't get any other labels than the ones you print yourself. Put plenty of sellotape round them to strengthen them. They will give you return labels on the ship a few days before you leave. Have a good cruise.

Yes you can buy extra weight for a Thomas Cook flight - this didn't used to be possible but it started a couple of years ago. We flew to Barbados a year ago this last March and I bought some extra kilos. On the P&O website if you look under Fly Cruise Luggage you should find the information. You can't arrange it until a few days before you fly. They give a telephone number to call and you pay with a credit card over the phone. I printed out the confirmatory email Thomas Cook sent me but I didn't need it when we checked in at Gatwick as it was already on the computer. It did make the packing a little easier. You can also buy extra weight for Thomson flights - there's a phone number for that on P&O's website as well. I can't remember how much I paid but it was worth it.

Yes you can buy extra weight for a Thomas Cook flight - this didn't used to be possible but it started a couple of years ago. We flew to Barbados a year ago this last March and I bought some extra kilos. On the P&O website if you look under Fly Cruise Luggage you should find the information. You can't arrange it until a few days before you fly. They give a telephone number to call and you pay with a credit card over the phone. I printed out the confirmatory email Thomas Cook sent me but I didn't need it when we checked in at Gatwick as it was already on the computer. It did make the packing a little easier. You can also buy extra weight for Thomson flights - there's a phone number for that on P&O's website as well. I can't remember how much I paid but it was worth it.

Hi Annie

It could be me...but I don't see anything on P&O site about buying extra luggage..would you be able to send a link

its on the the P&O site at

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/flights/baggage_allowance

its down near bottom either Thomas Cook or Thompson with tel no and prices.

Remember you can't have more than 23g in one suitcase but you can take 3 cases.

We normally take an extra 10kg so have

2 cases about 22kg and 1 at no more than 12kg

but only one way as the weight is usually less on return and they don't weigh them.

Mark

Janie - if you go to the P&O website to the Help and Advice section then put in "What is the luggage allowance on my flight?" it gives you details - scroll right down the page and you'll see the reference to contacting Thomson or Thomas Cook 3-5 days before flying to purchase the extra weight and it gives you the cost. I'm not good at giving links so if you can't find it let me know and I'll copy it out.