Britannia cabin comments

FlossStevo

Hi forum community. I have been thoroughly enjoying many comments posted in these forums & appreciate all helpful hints. We are cruising on the Britannia in June next year and are keen to find out info from anyone about a cabin they either loved or hated. We are deciding between a balcony with sofa and without. Plus unsure which is the best deck regarding noise from public areas. We usually like an upper deck as we prefer to take the stairs to outside areas such as pool etc. but is Deck 15 too noisy.

Thanks

Balcony without sofa only had one bedside cabinet. I had to keep my undies in a coolbag [emoji16] We had B214 it was absolutely fine, no movement, quiet, clean etc.

Edited by Florry

Ours was C708 without a sofa. The cabin was in a perfect location near to the rear staircase. An easy walk up to the Horizon buffet or walk down to level 7 (main activities deck) and the Oriental restaurant one deck below.

I'd avoid deck 15 as the overhang from 16 above makes having a balcony almost pointless if you like the sun.

We didn't miss the sofa as it would only have become another area for my wife to leave stuff on!

I was a bit concerned when we realized we had a cabin on lido deck and it had overhang, but I need not have worried , depending on which way the ship was travelling we had sun early morning or late evening, at midday when it was too hot to sit in the sun it was lovely sitting on our balcony in the shade eating our lunch. Being on lido deck was great short walk to all the pools and the buffet restaurants, there was a bit of noise overhead early morning where they were pulling out sunbeds. Very quiet in the evenings. Easy to get the lift down to dinner in the evenings. This was on Azura.

Does anyone have any idea when P&O are going to publish the pictures of the obstructed views for Britannia like the other ships. We have booked an obstructed but would like to see its obstruction.

Check out the Princess forum.There are always threads about the Royal and Regal ships obstructed balconies which are the same design as Britannia and have plenty of photos to see.

If you ask the question some one will post a website address (I can't remember it myself.)

We had an obstructed balcony on Royal Princess earlier this year and didn't find it was a problem.The top of the lifeboat was just under the balcony rail so it didn't obstruct looking straight out only when looking down.

I think some cabins nearer aft are obstructed by a tender boat which are taller and therefore have more obstruction.

By the way deck G on Britannia is called deck E on Royal Princess.Our cabin was E301.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me whether the balconies are as big as the ones in Ventura and azura. We usually have c deck balconies which are bigger than the others. Are Britannia's same size as ventura's azura's standard balconies?

Can someone tell me whether the balconies are as big as the ones in Ventura and azura. We usually have c deck balconies which are bigger than the others. Are Britannia's same size as ventura's azura's standard balconies?

No Britainnia's balconies are much smaller than standard balconies on Azura.All balconies are the same depth even for suites except the aft cabins.They are probably about a third the size of c deck balconies on Azura and there is always a lot of discussion about the size on here.

Balcony without sofa only had one bedside cabinet.

Wow! That's a bit of a bummer. Which side of the bed is the one cabinet on? What's on the other side where the cabinet should be?

Now I'm worried, as we both use our cabinets for clock / alarm etc, etc and find the bedside cabinets so useful. Can anyone please put my mind at rest that there will be at least "something" both sides of the bed?? We're on Britannia at xmas/new year.

Thank you.

Just back from the Caribbean - hours at home only - and D Deck was lovely and quiet. We had an inside cabin - with queen size bed - spacious, good A/C, plenty of storage and we had a good central location. I would say that during the day, the noise on the Lido Deck was appalling and it would be interesting to hear whether a balcony cabin close to the Lido was affected.