Sindhu and Epicurean Menu Rotation?

megacruiser

I remember on Azura some years ago, Sindhu had Menu 1 for the first 5 nights, then Menu 2 for 5 nights and then Menu 1 again for 4 nights.

Does anyone have recent experience of the menu rotation pattern on a two week cruise for either Sindhu or Epicurean? I want to visit each twice on Britannia in January, but avoid repeating the same menu.

Many thanks for any responses.

They still change the menu over the period of the cruise but you never know in advance what menu you are booking until you get onboard and they dont always start cruises on menu 1 in either restaurant.

Agree. Also they seem to do more than one rotation. That's why we wait until onboard to book as we like to try every menu at least once.

Are they set menus then? I thought you could choose from a number of dishes?

No they are full a la carte menus just that the choice of dishes on the menu changes from menu A to B in both restarants and are both excellent restaurants with very high quality food.

They still change the menu over the period of the cruise but you never know in advance what menu you are booking until you get onboard and they dont always start cruises on menu 1 in either restaurant.

Many thanks. Most helpful.

Just returned form the Britannia and booked two visits to the Epicurian. One the first week and one the second week. We therefore got menu A and B. I would have preferred the menu A for both visits. The lamb was the best thing I ate all week. We weren't keen on Sindhu after a problematic visit in april where we were kept waiting ages for our meal while all the staff fussed around Atol Kutcher!

We loved Sindhu much better menu than East on Arcadia. I was disappointed with Epicurean on Britannia and we cancelled our bookings after the first visit - but I would try it again. My most favourite restaurant is the Ocean Grill on Arcadia, the lobster is fantastic (the Epicurian lobster was small and rubbery) I am keeping everything crossed it will still be there this time next year when we will be back onboard.

Hi all, just wondering how they do it in the Limelight Club.

Is it a different menu for each act, which would seem sensible.

Rick.

From memory it wasn't a fixed menu, I assumed as there was a choice it would be the same menu, I might have the leaflet so I'll try to see.

On Britannia last week there were 4 different menus and you are told which one it will be when you book. The food was amazing. Unfortunatley could not say the same for the Eric and Ern act!

Nobody seems too impressed with them!

I find a lot of the entertainment is more suited to my parents era than mine! And I am 68! We had a Headliners thing called We;ll Meet Again, which was all stuff from WW2. It's not that I mind it, but waving British flags and singing things like that is surely a bit old hat now? It's the same with the British Sailaway. It's all Land of Hope and Glory etc.

Edited by jeanlyon

I find a lot of the entertainment is more suited to my parents era than mine! And I am 68! We had a Headliners thing called We;ll Meet Again, which was all stuff from WW2. It's not that I mind it, but waving British flags and singing things like that is surely a bit old hat now? It's the same with the British Sailaway. It's all Land of Hope and Glory etc.

Yes!

Yes you love it or yes you agree?!

Yes I agree, it's out of date and repetitive - if they are trying to cater for younger people they have room for improvement. On our last cruise we found the films on the TV more appealing than shows we've seen several times. I would say that on Britannia some of the special effects were quite good though.

Edited by Florry

On our last cruise on Britannia the Sindhu and Epicurean menues changed every 3-4 days from version A to version B so that every week covered both Menus.

We sampled each of the menus in each of the restaurants and can vouch for the fact that there are mighty good things on all of them; so I would not worry too much which you get if you book in advance. There were copies of all the speciality menues in 'take away' booklets on a table just outside Epicurean for those who would like to know what is on each menu and there was a flyer inside that gave the dates that each were in operation. So if you are keen to check out the detail before reserving a table then head there after embarkation. Failing that just ask at reception and I am sure they can let you have the same booklets/flyers.

i know that some do not like the idea of paying extra for meals but we thought that both were worth the cover charge.

Be careful what you wish for. Its nearly 40 years since punk rock so teenagers from then are now in their mid to late 50's. You may soon be having the great british sail away to 'God Save the Queen' by the Sex Pistols and 'Londons Calling' by the Clash! Pogo by the Pool! Now theres a vision to conjour with!:D

Be careful what you wish for. Its nearly 40 years since punk rock so teenagers from then are now in their mid to late 50's. You may soon be having the great british sail away to 'God Save the Queen' by the Sex Pistols and 'Londons Calling' by the Clash! Pogo by the Pool! Now theres a vision to conjour with!:D

You're saying this as if it were a bad thing! ;) :cool:

M.

Better than Boy George...