Outdoor movies Britannia

FlossStevo

Hi, can anyone tell me if Britannia has an outdoor movie screen.

If there were one on Britannia, P&O would have had to significantly improve the technology over that used on Azura. We tried watching a couple of films in the evening and the sound and picture quality were dreadful. The issues had supposedly been reported, but nothing was done about them for the duration of the cruise, which meant the Seascreen was a useless facility.

The out door screen on Royal Princess is amazing and much bigger than those on the "Grand" class ships. I was very disappointed that it hadn't been installed on its sister ship Britannia

I think it is like Marmite - you love the screens or hate them. We hate the idea so loved Britannia :)

Worst idea ever on a cruise ship.

David.

Horses for courses David.

They're big ships, room for everyone.

We were on the Azura, crossing the atlantic, in November last year.

One evening, after dinner, instead of going to the theatre, the pub or Tamarind, we just changed back into our day clothes (shorts & t-shirt) and watched that grand budapest hotel film. It was a warm evening and the waiters served ice cold drinks as we lay on the sun beds and watched the film (holding hands I seem to remember). We really enjoyed that, and so did quite a few of our fellow passengers.

Funnily enough, we were sharing a taxi with some Germans in Barbados - they were on "meinschiff 1" which was berthed right next to the azura. I asked them if they'd seen the Germany vs. Gibralter match, which had just been played. They complained quite bitterly about the fact that their ship didn't show any football whatsoever (not even in the pub). I couldn't help but mention, that OUR ship has this massive big sun screen which not only showed that match but also some bundesliega stuff too.

Actually I didn't watch the match at all. I only knew that it was on because I walked past it on my way to the buffet. But I didn't tell the germans that. :)

I'm with you mds143. We don't want the movies on every night but on one or two nights it's relaxing to change after dressing up for dinner into casual clothes & lounge on a deck chair watching a movie. Princess crew come around with popcorn & you can have ice cream & pizza if you like. A very nice relaxing evening. Hope P & O give it some thought for future cruises. Maybe before June next year :)