Brittania Transatlantic 23rd Oct.

Jonesgerri

Have been to the Caribbean several times but never TA. As luggage is not weighed on the way out do you have to pick it up at Barbados airport for the return flight or is it left outside your cabin the evening before as usual? Also a question re what to pack (ladies). I assume that the first 3 days will be normal autumn weather so is it wise to pack a couple of pairs of trousers & maybe even jumpers?

Have been to the Caribbean several times but never TA. As luggage is not weighed on the way out do you have to pick it up at Barbados airport for the return flight or is it left outside your cabin the evening before as usual? Also a question re what to pack (ladies). I assume that the first 3 days will be normal autumn weather so is it wise to pack a couple of pairs of trousers & maybe even jumpers?

Yes, your luggage is left outside etc just as normal.

As regards the weather it can vary but does get better as you get closer. If you are planning a balcony cabin it is best to get one on the Port side for the sun. BTW the onboard activities do tend to be better.

Thanks for your reply. If you do not reclaim it at Barbados how can they know what weight your case is? Yes am certainly hoping that after Madeira the weather starts to get warmer.

You don't reclaim it until UK. Its really up to you to make sure its not too heavy. As far as I know they don't weigh cases. If its way too heavy there may be a problem. I did put two cases through last year at about 3 kgs over with no problem but I really don't like going over the limit. We weigh them ourselves before we go and we normally find that once our toiletries are gone that its pretty close on the way back.