Thalassotherapy pools

notalandlover

I have been reading on cruise crtitic that a lot of the Celebrity ships have thalassotherapy pools. I tried my first thalassotherapy pool on the Carvinal Splender this summer and it was great. What I want to know from this community is are all the thalassotherapy pools on Celebrity Crusie Line the same size? If not which ship/s have the largest pools? Are all the pools open to all adults or do some of the ships have a useage fee. I want to try Celebrity and the thalassotherapy pools will be a serious consideration for all future bookings. Does anyone know the different pool sizes for each class? :)

I have been reading on cruise crtitic that a lot of the Celebrity ships have thalassotherapy pools. I tried my first thalassotherapy pool on the Carvinal Splender this summer and it was great. What I want to know from this community is are all the thalassotherapy pools on Celebrity Crusie Line the same size? If not which ship/s have the largest pools? Are all the pools open to all adults or do some of the ships have a useage fee. I want to try Celebrity and the thalassotherapy pools will be a serious consideration for all future bookings. Does anyone know the different pool sizes for each class? :)

Only the M-class ships have Thalassotherapy pools and they are all the same. They are meant for adults....no one under either 16 or 18 (if forget). All are free of charge.

Only the M-class ships have Thalassotherapy pools and they are all the same. They are meant for adults....no one under either 16 or 18 (if forget). All are free of charge.

The Mercury also has a teeny tiny, for-fee-only, T-pool.

Otherwise, you'll find them on Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. Big + free on those ships.

Otherwise, you'll find them on Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. Big + free on those ships.

Does the Millennium still have one? I thought I read somewhere it no longer had the T-pool. I'd be happy if it still did.

The T-pool on the Mercury may be small and have an extra charge, but it is by far much better than the T-pools on M-class ships. The T-pool in the Mercury is like a hot tub on a double dose of steroids; it will blow you away if you are not careful, whereas the T-polls on the M-class ships are more like a swimming pool on a small vitamin pill. No comparison between the two type of T-pools.

Constellation T-pool is for adults - no fee charged.

Celebrity Constellation The Indoor Pool

A couple points:

1. The new Solstice class ships do not have T-pools. They do have an adult-only pool in the Solarium next to the entrance of the Aqua Spa.

2. M-class ships have free T-pools, but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.

3. I am curious - - Can you describe Carnival's T-pools? That would help those of us that our familiar with Celebrity's to help explain the difference. This seems to be a major concern of yours.

A couple points:

1. The new Solstice class ships do not have T-pools. They do have an adult-only pool in the Solarium next to the entrance of the Aqua Spa.

2. M-class ships have free T-pools, but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.

3. I am curious - - Can you describe Carnival's T-pools? That would help those of us that our familiar with Celebrity's to help explain the difference. This seems to be a major concern of yours.

The T- pool on Splender was about 25 feet long and 10 plus feet wide. The wife and I paid about 75.00 dollars to use it for the week. It was limited to people who bought the pass to use it. The pool wasn't ever full or crowed. No one allowed in under 18 yrs of age. I was reading that Mercery has a T-pool but X is taking that ship out of the fleet next yr. I have a bad back and the T pool was pure heaven. Thank you everyone for your imput.

Does anyone know what the charge is on the Mercury? I tried to do a search but couldn't find the charge. I also looked on the Celebrity site to check if it was something you could pre-book but again found nothing.

Thanks for any info. :)

2. ... but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.

Here is a photo of the T-pool on the Infinty. I think they are much nicer than the other two pools on the M class ships. They are heated, and while not as hot as a hot tub, the water temperature is pleasant, much like a warm bath. At each corner of the pool are pipes that direct a flow of water down into the pool (One can be seen at the right edge of the 'No Diving' sign in the photo). Positioning yourself underneath these pipes provides a massaging sensation to the shoulders and upper back. My wife and I enjoyed them often. On the Constellation last month I noticed that each pipe had a different flow rate, from gentle to vigorous.

Another special feature are the two 'lounges', one on each side, made from piping that you lay on while bubbles gently massage your body from underneath, much like a jacuzzi (in the photo three towels are at the edge of the nearest one, and the woman is sitting with her feet in the bubbles).

These features, at least to me, make these pools much better than a 'standard pool'. They can also be used even when the weather is not so good outside.

Infinity%20T%20pool.JPG

The T-pool on the Mercury may be small and have an extra charge, but it is by far much better than the T-pools on M-class ships. The T-pool in the Mercury is like a hot tub on a double dose of steroids; it will blow you away if you are not careful, whereas the T-polls on the M-class ships are more like a swimming pool on a small vitamin pill. No comparison between the two type of T-pools.

The Mercury will soon be history, so it doesn't make much difference.

Archived