Vantage Experts - Help

CPT Trips

OK, I pulled the trigger and booked a cruise with them over a week ago. To date all I have is an boilerplate email from Henry Lewis advising me to go to "my portfolio." I registered and when I do go to my portfolio, I see:

WELCOME TO MY PORTFOLIO

YOUR NEXT MEMORABLE JOURNEY IS COMING SOON:

TRIP ALERTS

Trip information unavailable due to Maintenance.

No receipt for my deposit, no invoice confirming the cost, nothing else. Is this the way Vantage normally works? My experience with GCT and with various ocean cruise lines is that an invoice is in my email box in 24 hours or less.

OK, I pulled the trigger and booked a cruise with them over a week ago. To date all I have is an boilerplate email from Henry Lewis advising me to go to "my portfolio." I registered and when I do go to my portfolio, I see:

No receipt for my deposit, no invoice confirming the cost, nothing else. Is this the way Vantage normally works? My experience with GCT and with various ocean cruise lines is that an invoice is in my email box in 24 hours or less.[/QUOTiE]

You should get a full invoice and welcome letter in the mail within about 10 days. As for the portfolio they have been working on it and right now it's basically hit or miss. Once you sign in to your portfolio however, it is a really good place for info including your full daily itinerary, invoice, travel arrangements if you purchased them from Vantage, (these take 30+ days to appear) information on extensions and optional excursions as well as general info about where you're going. Be patient, it can take a few weeks to get all the info loaded and as I said, they've been working on it, which can be very annoying, especially since I'm leaving in a few weeks!!! But you should be getting a hard copy of the invoice in the mail soon.

CPT,

I just checked, and I was able to access my portfolio with no problem (I leave next week for my cruise). I would suggest calling customer service and see if they can help you.

The portfolio itself isn't really up to what I consider acceptable internet standards. For example, I booked my air through Vantage, but we're leaving two days early to spend a little time in Amsterdam on our own. The portfolio shows us leaving on the "standard" departure date rather than two days earlier. If I go to "Flight Details," the flights and dates are correct, but the seat assignments do not show that we've upgraded to Economy Comfort (done directly with United).

FuelScience

Thanks to both.

I did just get an email explaining that they are reloading info on the portfolios and also confirming what my payment and credits are. But not what the costs are.

Patience is not one of my strong points . . . and I need to get insurance soon, so that doesn't help waiting.

As a side question, how far out does Vantage normally ticket? i know they can't make the air arrangements until about 300 days, but when do they ticket?

I think that they ticket about 90 days before you leave. I got them to ticket earlier. We had paid in full 12 months before the tour (for a 10% discount), and wanted to make sure that we could get good seats when upgrading to economy comfort, so they went ahead and bought the tickets so that we could upgrade directly with the airline.

FuelScience

I think that they ticket about 90 days before you leave. I got them to ticket earlier. We had paid in full 12 months before the tour (for a 10% discount), and wanted to make sure that we could get good seats when upgrading to economy comfort, so they went ahead and bought the tickets so that we could upgrade directly with the airline.

FuelScience

We'll also be paying early for the discount, hence my wanting financial default coverage. I also want to look into the economy (premium, plus, comfort). Was Vantage able to give you your preferred airline.

We'll also be paying early for the discount, hence my wanting financial default coverage. I also want to look into the economy (premium, plus, comfort). Was Vantage able to give you your preferred airline.

Usually Vantage will give you your preferred airline BUT it will cost you $100 until you're President's Club member and then it's free. If they make your flight arrangements for you, they will show up in your portfolio no more than 12 months prior to departure and they will be subject to change until about 90 days prior, which is when I suspect they actually purchase your tickets. The good thing about having them a year ahead is you know which airline and airport they're planning to book you on as well as approximate flight times and seats so you can check out seatguru to see where you're sitting. If you're not happy with the arrangements you have plenty of time to contact them and have them work with you to find something more to your liking. What I found interesting in Fuelscience's post was that his portfolio showed his flight but not his upgrade. We always fly business class and my portfolio ALWAYS shows that. I will also be answering his post separately to be sure he checks into that.

Edited by Hydrokitty

CPT,

I just checked, and I was able to access my portfolio with no problem (I leave next week for my cruise). I would suggest calling customer service and see if they can help you.

The portfolio itself isn't really up to what I consider acceptable internet standards. For example, I booked my air through Vantage, but we're leaving two days early to spend a little time in Amsterdam on our own. The portfolio shows us leaving on the "standard" departure date rather than two days earlier. If I go to "Flight Details," the flights and dates are correct, but the seat assignments do not show that we've upgraded to Economy Comfort (done directly with United).

FuelScience

Yes, portfolio needs work and they keep messing with it but I think it's the tech people who need work!!! :)

RE: Your flight details. We always book business class and portfolio flight itinerary ALWAYS shows that. I don't know if economy comfort qualifies for that but I would suggest you go to seatguru.com and plug in your carrier, date, and flight number. You will be able to see where your seats are located and if they are NOT in EC, call Vantage immediately and tell them.... I have a feeling that you will find your seats are in the EC section of the plane, but check early and you have time for correction. If you haven't used seatguru before, the color of your seat will indicate whether its good, bad or standard and will tell you why, so if you have a seat that's right in front of the galley or the bathrooms, you might want to select another seat.

Yes, portfolio needs work and they keep messing with it but I think it's the tech people who need work!!! :)

RE: Your flight details. We always book business class and portfolio flight itinerary ALWAYS shows that. I don't know if economy comfort qualifies for that but I would suggest you go to seatguru.com and plug in your carrier, date, and flight number. You will be able to see where your seats are located and if they are NOT in EC, call Vantage immediately and tell them.... I have a feeling that you will find your seats are in the EC section of the plane, but check early and you have time for correction. If you haven't used seatguru before, the color of your seat will indicate whether its good, bad or standard and will tell you why, so if you have a seat that's right in front of the galley or the bathrooms, you might want to select another seat.

I think that the reason that they don't show up on the portfolio is that I did the upgrade to economy comfort directly with United--not through Vantage. Vantage was not willing to do the EC upgrade, and that's why I had them buy the tickets early. I always use seatguru to select my seats, and I've confirmed assignments on the United web site, so I think that I'm good. The issue with the portfolio is that Vantage records the last thing they did, but they do not go back to the airlines and confirm their info on things like seat changes. That may be too much work to justify the effort.

Thanks,

FuelScience

Just for reference, as I will be exploring EC. Were they unwilling to do it for you or was it a cost issue (less expensive to DIY)?

Now that our Vantage rep is gone, I have all these questions. You guys are doing great in his stead, you read the question and are practical.

Just for reference, as I will be exploring EC. Were they unwilling to do it for you or was it a cost issue (less expensive to DIY)?

Now that our Vantage rep is gone, I have all these questions. You guys are doing great in his stead, you read the question and are practical.

You're more than welcome....I'm going to let Fuelscience handle your question because I have no experience with economy comfort or how it's handled.

I think that the reason that they don't show up on the portfolio is that I did the upgrade to economy comfort directly with United--not through Vantage. Vantage was not willing to do the EC upgrade, and that's why I had them buy the tickets early. I always use seatguru to select my seats, and I've confirmed assignments on the United web site, so I think that I'm good. The issue with the portfolio is that Vantage records the last thing they did, but they do not go back to the airlines and confirm their info on things like seat changes. That may be too much work to justify the effort.

Thanks,

FuelScience

If you booked your seat assignments directly with the airline I think the reason your seats aren't listed on your portfolio is that Vantage has no idea where you're sitting unless United tells them and United probably doesn't. As long as United has your seat choices in their system, I wouldn't worry about it.

For me Vantage could not do the EC upgrade. They could do an upgrade to Business Class, but the EC upgrade had to be done through United. So we got sat assignments pretty quick, but when I called United about EC, they said that I couldn't upgrade until I was ticketed. At that point I called Vantage and they went ahead and bought the tickets with the caveat that if I made any changes, I would be responsible for the change fees.

Hope this helps,

FuelScience

For me Vantage could not do the EC upgrade. They could do an upgrade to Business Class, but the EC upgrade had to be done through United. So we got sat assignments pretty quick, but when I called United about EC, they said that I couldn't upgrade until I was ticketed. At that point I called Vantage and they went ahead and bought the tickets with the caveat that if I made any changes, I would be responsible for the change fees.

Hope this helps,

FuelScience

That explains a lot!!!! :D I'm glad Vantage worked with you. I had no idea they wouldn't book premium economy seats. I wonder why.

Originally Posted by CPT Trips: Now that our Vantage rep is gone, I have all these questions. You guys are doing great in his stead, you read the question and are practical.

What do you mean "our Vantage rep is gone." ?

Did he die, quit, or you forgot his name, don't have his e-mail address? :confused:

Hope this helps,

FuelScience

That explains a lot!!!! :D I'm glad Vantage worked with you. I had no idea they wouldn't book premium economy seats. I wonder why.

Thank you both for the answers. I have several months to wait before I find out what airline I'll be flying. Once I do I'll explore upgrades . . . and maybe have additional questions. Let me know if the referral comes through.:cool:

Originally Posted by CPT Trips: Now that our Vantage rep is gone, I have all these questions. You guys are doing great in his stead, you read the question and are practical.

What do you mean "our Vantage rep is gone." ?

Did he die, quit, or you forgot his name, don't have his e-mail address? :confused:

Hope he's not dead; don't care if he quit; did forget his name; and he doesn't answer his e-mail any way. So, since his Q & A session is ended..he's "gone" from CC....and some of us weren't that impressed with the answers he did give. :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

FWIW - hard copy arrived in mail -"My Portfolio" still down for maintenance. Oh well . . . :rolleyes:

Did you click on My Portfolio link even though the site says it's down for maintenance? When I open my Vantage page and try to log in the message says that the page doesn't exist, but when I click on My Portfolio it opens.

:confused:

Hope he's not dead; don't care if he quit; did forget his name; and he doesn't answer his e-mail any way. So, since his Q & A session is ended..he's "gone" from CC....and some of us weren't that impressed with the answers he did give. :D

Hydro- Roger, Understood and concur!

I emailed Vantage since we haven't been able to access our account or booked cruise details for two weeks. I got a prompt response indicating the IT department was working on it. OK, but that is a while to be down.

I emailed Vantage since we haven't been able to access our account or booked cruise details for two weeks. I got a prompt response indicating the IT department was working on it. OK, but that is a while to be down.

I just checked mine and it's up and running. I wish IT would just leave it alone!!!