Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Looking at the deck plan and seeing what is above and below the area I would summise that there are 3 storage rooms with a walkway in front of them. That being said I wold not expect there to be much noise as they are behind a partition wall.

I would not be bothered myself it I had a cabin close to that area.

The information above is my best guess and not based on any real knowledge other than a very close look at he deck plans.

Pete

Thank you Pete. I'd think the same. Hope it won't be a lot of crew activity in this area in the morning causing excessive noise.

There are two more cabins to the left where is the hump wall. Would it limit our view a lot in this direction? I'll appreciate your opinion. It will be our first cruise with MCS on Divina. We've got pretty good deal not to complain.

Thanks again,

Olga

Thank you Pete. I'd think the same. Hope it won't be a lot of crew activity in this area in the morning causing excessive noise.

There are two more cabins to the left where is the hump wall. Would it limit our view a lot in this direction? I'll appreciate your opinion. It will be our first cruise with MCS on Divina. We've got pretty good deal not to complain.

Thanks again,

Olga

I am assuming that when you say to the left, you mean towards the hump and that would be cabin 10155. In which case there would be a large difference in the views.

In the image the RED lines are the field of view from 10151 and the BLUE lines for cabin 10155

10151%20fov.jpg

Pete

I am assuming that when you say to the left, you mean towards the hump and that would be cabin 10155. In which case there would be a large difference in the views.

In the image the RED lines are the field of view from 10151 and the BLUE lines for cabin 10155

10151%20fov.jpg

Pete

Thanks Pete,

With your diagram it's clear that our view is going to be not bad at all.

Olga

• 2 weeks later...
Not a problem at all Jenn! We're all here to help each other.

Cabin 10057 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. This cabin should have a double sofa bed.

Bret

Hi I know it has been a while but just would like try my luck. Could you provide info for 10239 on Divina?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked 12126 accessible balcony stateroom. Saw a pic of the cabin and it looks nice but I am wondering about the balcony access, depth which looked narrow from the angle photographed, and view? My hubby is less mobile and spends mornings in the cabin...do want him to enjoy this!

I just booked 12126 accessible balcony stateroom. Saw a pic of the cabin and it looks nice but I am wondering about the balcony access, depth which looked narrow from the angle photographed, and view? My hubby is less mobile and spends mornings in the cabin...do want him to enjoy this!

Here is a typical 'H' cabin balcony, which is what 12126 will have,

I don't know if this is a better angle from that which you have already seen

Image salvaged from the deleted cruisetrail thread

balconyHcabin.jpg

Pete

Yes thanks Skier52 I only had seen picture taken from the door of the cabin looking out towards the slider. Here I can see the ramp but the space is narrow for the power chair. Walker should work well here though so will need to bring both. It's a 4 day so hadn't planned to. Would also like to see an accessible bathroom if anyone has a photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brett. Longtime... Paul & I are getting ready to book Divina again - either 28Nov or 05Dec. What is the difference between B1 Bella Balcony and B2 Fantastica Balcony in terms of stateroom size/location? If you want to email me huimalu@hotmail.com. Would love to hear from you and catch up. We hear from Chase regularly. Squirrel....Hope you are well.

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Divina in March. I am thinking about switching balcony rooms to an Aft balcony. I am looking at deck 10. I have heard water hits the balconies from the pool and from window washing.

Could someone who has stayed on this deck in one of the Aft balconies let me know how inconvenient it is and haw much of a problem it is. Also any other advice on these specific cabins (10254, 56, 58, 60, 62 and 10271,73,75,77,79) would be appreciated.

Is there an overhang over the entire balcony or is some of it or all of it exposed to the decks above? All info will help.

Thank you.

I am booked on the Divina in March. I am thinking about switching balcony rooms to an Aft balcony. I am looking at deck 10. I have heard water hits the balconies from the pool and from window washing.

Could someone who has stayed on this deck in one of the Aft balconies let me know how inconvenient it is and haw much of a problem it is. Also any other advice on these specific cabins (10254, 56, 58, 60, 62 and 10271,73,75,77,79) would be appreciated.

Is there an overhang over the entire balcony or is some of it or all of it exposed to the decks above? All info will help.

Thank you.

Here are some links to threads, which you may not have found, by people who have had a deck 10 aft balcony

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1944410

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1998372&highlight=deck+10+aft+balcony

the interesting post is post#10

and here is an image of the deck 10 aft balcony. if you look carefully at te top left corner you'l be able to judge how far the balcony above potentially casts a shadow on the deck 10 balcony

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for the info. I did see these post but I had hoped for a more detailed report from someone staying in the rooms. There was one account (towels on the floor) but I was hoping for a little more insight and whether or not the water problems are currently happening.

I was also wondering if the balcony (on 10) can be looked down on from decks 11-13.

I appreciate all of the good info and if anyone has anything more to add please do.

Hi Pete,

I'll thank you ahead of time for any info, opinion, or pictures on 2 out of three cabins we have for March 19 th sailing. Any help would be appreciated. We didn't have many choices , one of which ,no choice being cabin 13203 and the other is cabin 13194. Thanks again

Debbie

Hi Pete,

I'll thank you ahead of time for any info, opinion, or pictures on 2 out of three cabins we have for March 19 th sailing. Any help would be appreciated. We didn't have many choices , one of which ,no choice being cabin 13203 and the other is cabin 13194. Thanks again

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Cabin 13203 is a standard cabin in a great location vith great views in all dirctions. As it is on the rear hump it is completely unaffected by the deck 14 overhang. It is close the the rear bank of lifts which give it good access the MRDs but as a consquence will be a long walk to the theatre.

Cabin 13194 is one of the very popular (with some guests) large "corner" balconies. It is right next to the hump wall so will only have a 90 degree field of view. The deck 14 overhang wil greatly restrict the amount of sunlight shining directly on to the balcony, except maybe at the exteme outside part next to the plexiglass "fence". Personally I don't like lots of sunshine so would be happy to have the shade, but the avid sunworshippers will be disappointed. This cabin will be heaven for some guests and very disappointing for others. That will be a matter of personal preferences 1) for direct sunlight, 2) views in all directions and 3)having lots of space

A deck 13 corner balcony with a clear view of the deck 14 overhang so you can judge whether it will be a problem fo you or other members of you party

divinabalconycabin13049.jpg

another view of a corner balcony

cornerbalcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I had a similar one to this location and loved it. The sun did come in at certain times. I asked the cabin steward to bring in a lounge chair and he was able to. It was wonderful.If i wanted full sun , as long as it was not overhead, I just moved closer to the rail. At times the sun streamed in to fill the entire front area.

I had a similar one to this location and loved it. The sun did come in at certain times. I asked the cabin steward to bring in a lounge chair and he was able to. It was wonderful.If i wanted full sun , as long as it was not overhead, I just moved closer to the rail. At times the sun streamed in to fill the entire front area.

Thank you for pretty much echoing my information that you will get some sun "at certain times" close to the plexiglass

skier52 wrote:=

at the exteme outside part next to the plexiglass "fence".

Camofwilliamsburg wrote:-

.If i wanted full sun , .........., I just moved closer to the rail. At times the sun streamed in to fill the entire front area.

and that some guests think it heaven

skier52 wrote:-

This cabin will be heaven for some guests

Camofwiliamsburg wrote:-

I had a similar one to this location and loved it.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi....I know this is about 1 1/2 yrs since your original posting, but hoping you can give me the dimensions of cabin 11115. Thanks...Jill

No problem

11115 is a standard balcony cabin 92 sq ft (168 sq ft living area; 24 sq bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

It comes with the Fantastica experience

Pete.

Cabin 11301 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 95.8 sq ft.

Cabin 10087 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 123.8 sq ft.

As for the cabins that have the shower/tub combos, (other than suites) they are a handful of balcony cabins on decks 8 and 9 midship aft. As for posting it, not sure it is for the public. Not that there is any security issue but I was told they are concerned with liability, should something in the cabin change, (such as the shower/tub combos) folks may try to hold them to what was in print. Makes sense I guess.

Bret

Do you have information on MSC Divina cabin 12219? We're cruising next Wednesday for Panama. Thanks in advance.

Do you have information on MSC Divina cabin 12219? We're cruising next Wednesday for Panama. Thanks in advance.

It is one of the small balcony cabins

148 sq ft, ( 124 sq ft Living area , 24 sq ft bathroom)

34 sq ft balcony

it will be unaffected by the deck 14 overhang.

it won't have a sofa.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

You already answered me on my present cabin 13194. However it just came to my attention that I can book cabin 11264 with a $600 saving- that's quite substantial - can I have your opinion- would this cabin also have a couch??

Thank you, Debbie

Hi Pete,

You already answered me on my present cabin 13194. However it just came to my attention that I can book cabin 11264 with a $600 saving- that's quite substantial - can I have your opinion- would this cabin also have a couch??

Thank you, Debbie

I'd snap your hand off if you offered me 11264 as it is a stern cabin with a large balcony (I am also a fan of stern cabins)

It is the standard size cabin of 192 sq ft ( 168 sq ft living area; 24 sq ft bathroom) the balcony is 92 sq ft.

There may be issues with water coming down from above when they wash the buffet windows.

from on earlier post of mine on this thread

Here are some links to threads, which you may not have found, by people who have had a deck 10 aft balcony

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho....php?t=1944410

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho...10+aft+balcony

the interesting post is post#10

I'm not sure whether you will have a sofa, but you should be able to ask for sun loungers on your balcony. I'd ask one of the hotel manager's deputies rather than ask the cabin steward who might have been told that he must say it is not possible

A deck 11 aft balcony

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52