MSC Divina help

doxie75

Hello!!! I'm brand new to this site and brand new to cruising I would say as well. I took one cruise 21 years ago on my honeymoon on Carnival Fantasy (even at 18 yo, I didn't care for such a party atmosphere). I am booked on RC Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa to Mexico next month. Yay! I'm very excited about that!!

Ok... Let me get on with why I am on this particular msg board...

I found a great deal on here for 4 night MSC Divina out of Miami to the Bahamas in January for $165 (+taxes & fees). I would upgrade to get at least a window... But my hesitation is that I'm not finding any reviews. I've honestly never heard of MSC, but again, I'm not well versed in cruising either! From what I see this ship isn't even in Miami yet. Any ideas, pointers, suggestions? I mean for such a great deal should I just go for it???

Thaaaaaanks!!!!!!

Take the deal and try it out, I just booked it too. I am usually loyal to Royal although not able to do many cruises with my work schedule. I live in Tampa and took the Brilliance to Cozumel last November and was disappointed in many ways. Hope for fresh perspective and although I have heard/seen mixed reviews, everything about it sounds pretty good to me. Did you know that the MSC 4 day is. Def Leppard Rock the Ship weekend cruise ? I learned that when I found the Roll Call after booking.

Hello!!! I'm brand new to this site and brand new to cruising I would say as well. I took one cruise 21 years ago on my honeymoon on Carnival Fantasy (even at 18 yo, I didn't care for such a party atmosphere). I am booked on RC Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa to Mexico next month. Yay! I'm very excited about that!!

Ok... Let me get on with why I am on this particular msg board...

I found a great deal on here for 4 night MSC Divina out of Miami to the Bahamas in January for $165 (+taxes & fees). I would upgrade to get at least a window... But my hesitation is that I'm not finding any reviews. I've honestly never heard of MSC, but again, I'm not well versed in cruising either! From what I see this ship isn't even in Miami yet. Any ideas, pointers, suggestions? I mean for such a great deal should I just go for it???

Thaaaaaanks!!!!!!

Yes you definitely should.

That is a great deal, and yes you should try it. But also, spend some time reading the MSC Cruises board on this forum, it is a WEALTH of information. We're taking our first MSC cruise in December - a 7 nighter - and it was because of all the great information on the MSC board that we decided to go for it. All the complaints I read would not be complaints for me! And all the positive things I read would be positive for me too. So although it takes some time, read LOTS of the reviews, particularly regarding the ship you will be going on. If you find the negative comments bother you a lot (as in, you agree that would be a negative for you), then use that as your guide. For example, I read a lot of complaints that the servers didn't ask you every 5 seconds if you wanted a drink, a refill, more ketchup, another napkin, heart surgery, a trip to the moon and so on and I thought it sounded great - for ME!

We prefer the European style of servers (staying out of your way until they are called).

But truly at that price, you're not investing a lot of money - and you'll be ON A CRUISE!! Go with an open mind and prepare to love it, and I'm sure you will. That's our mindset and we know we'll love it - because we'll be NOT working and ON A CRUISE!:)