Allegrissimo Price Drop

Beamafar

I'd heard recently that MSC might be planning to reverse the price increase on Allegrissimo from €26 to €23 pppd. On my booking information from my TA it's showing that the drinks package for my Oct 2016 is €23!!! Nothing to indicate price on my April 2016 booking invoice, though, so not sure when this price drop will be implemented. My TA is closed for business on Saturdays so I'll have to wait 'til Monday to query this. I also note that the hotel charge will be €9 pppd in October next year. Again, I don't know when that increase comes into effect.

I'd heard recently that MSC might be planning to reverse the price increase on Allegrissimo from €26 to €23 pppd. On my booking information from my TA it's showing that the drinks package for my Oct 2016 is €23!!! Nothing to indicate price on my April 2016 booking invoice, though, so not sure when this price drop will be implemented. My TA is closed for business on Saturdays so I'll have to wait 'til Monday to query this. I also note that the hotel charge will be €9 pppd in October next year. Again, I don't know when that increase comes into effect.

I knew about the increase in service charge. Good news that Allegrissimo may be coming back down again. I haven't tried to add it to my cruise for next April to see what rate they will charge (since I'd now have to,pay upfront).

Thanks for sharing

In my thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649#

The allegrisimo is priced at £20, down from £23, except for the Caribbean , S America and some grand voyages when you have the "more for less" at £29

the service charges are also in the thread and set at €9 or $12 depending on cruising area.

In my thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649#

The allegrisimo is priced at £20, down from £23, except for the Caribbean , S America and some grand voyages when you have the "more for less" at £29

the service charges are also in the thread and set at €9 or $12 depending on cruising area.

Pete............... isn't that all from the 2016/2017 brochure (I did read the info when you posted it!)? I'm being charged €26 pppd for my upcoming cruise in September. When are the new prices being implemented, do you know? Is it on January 1 2016?

The current price on the UK site is still showing at £22.

Edited by Beamafar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skier52 viewpost.gif

In my thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sho...php?t=2224649#

Pete............... isn't that all from the 2016/2017 brochure (I did read the info when you posted it!)? I'm being charged €26 pppd for my upcoming cruise in September. When are the new prices being implemented, do you know? Is it on January 1 2016?

The current price on the UK site is still showing at £22

You're so right, I'd forgotten that the 2015/2016 is still current

The current table looks like this and I presume is valid until the end of April 2016 as that is when the brochure is valid until

Currently the charge is €8.5 or $6; $10.00; $10.50; or $12 depending on region

srvice%20charge%202015%202016.jpg

Curently €9 = $9.999

so it's better (cheaper to pay in euros unless you only haver to pay the $6 charge

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks for that, Pete. I had thought that the price drop may have had something to do with exchange rates and that MSC were maybe being fair to the UK market ...........yeah, right, haha. Looks like my TA may be right about the price drop.

I have to say I'm surprised at the move. MSC have the cheapest and most generous drinks packages in the market.

Looks like I'll miss out on the price drop in April next which is why my TA didn't advise it on the invoice for that sailing - only on the one for the October one, which is irrelevant to me now that I've booked an Aurea suite!!

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks for that, Pete. I had thought that the price drop may have had something to do with exchange rates and that MSC were maybe being fair to the UK market ...........yeah, right, haha. Looks like my TA may be right about the price drop.

I have to say I'm surprised at the move. MSC have the cheapest and most generous drinks packages in the market.

Isn't that the truth Bea!!!!! We more than got our money's worth from the Adult All Inclusive Premium!!! Uggghhhhh,,is it December yet???

Isn't that the truth Bea!!!!! We more than got our money's worth from the Adult All Inclusive Premium!!! Uggghhhhh,,is it December yet???

I'm in YC on the next one, Mike, so it'll be just the basic for me - no Remy Martin XO for me this time. At least I'll be able to get a decent brandy on it around the rest of the ship - the YC (included) offerings are dire!

I'm in YC on the next one, Mike, so it'll be just the basic for me - no Remy Martin XO for me this time. At least I'll be able to get a decent brandy on it around the rest of the ship - the YC (included) offerings are dire!

Bea,,are you sailing MSC Divina next???? I have to agree with the choices in the YC,,but we managed to maintain some sort of inebriation most days!!!:D:eek:

Bea,,are you sailing MSC Divina next????

I sure am, Mike! When I saw she was coming back to the Med for a season I decided to take the opportunity to sail her before she heads back stateside. I've since been tempted by a fantastic price to take her back to Miami so I'll only be off her 7 weeks before I re-board LOL! Though not in YC!

I sure am, Mike! When I saw she was coming back to the Med for a season I decided to take the opportunity to sail her before she heads back stateside. I've since been tempted by a fantastic price to take her back to Miami so I'll only be off her 7 weeks before I re-board LOL! Though not in YC!

Are you spending any time in Miami after the TA??? We'll be in South Beach to welcome MSC Divina back home!! I'm hoping while you're onboard maybe you can do me a huge favor. Rumor has it that the "MED" fragrance which is injected into the air conditioning system onboard is available to purchase in the "LOGO" store,,,would you be able to check and see if MSC is offering this or a version of this?? Perhaps a candle or something else. We have the shampoos, conditioner,,hand lotions,,already,,,

11249224_10205988190217394_3772974108437637173_n.jpg?oh=1b79390501a7904f90a350af863a8ca6&oe=5632AC66

Edited by Mikesa1721

Are you spending any time in Miami after the TA??? We'll be in South Beach to welcome MSC Divina back home!! I'm hoping while you're onboard maybe you can do me a huge favor. Rumor has it that the "MED" fragrance which is injected into the air conditioning system onboard is available to purchase in the "LOGO" store,,,would you be able to check and see if MSC is offering this or a version of this?? Perhaps a candle or something else. We have the shampoos, conditioner,,hand lotions,,already,,,

I certainly will, Mike. I'll be able to check it out on the Med sailing and report back here.

We're just staying the one night in Miami before flying home.

I have just booked to sail with MSC over Xmas and New Year. This will be our first time with this company. Does anyone have or know where I can find the contents of drinks on both the Allegrissimo Adult and premium adult?

I'm sure this on here somewhere but regarding pricing for MSC...if I prebook, I pay in US dollars, but if I book on board, I pay in euros, correct?

It depends on what region the ship is sailing whether the onboard currency will be in Euros or US dollars.

Edited by Beamafar

I have just booked to sail with MSC over Xmas and New Year. This will be our first time with this company. Does anyone have or know where I can find the contents of drinks on both the Allegrissimo Adult and premium adult?

You don't indicate what region you're sailing in. The bar menus differ slightly between the Med and the Caribbean/US offerings.

Either way, they are very extensive menus, apart from beer offerings. The draught is lager (Heineken and maybe one other) which is included in Allegrissimo. Bottled beer is included in the premium package only.

Sailing in the Med. I don't even know the prices in euros for the packages; only US Dollars. However, prices were set when US dollar was not anywhere as close to the euro as now. I don't even know if we can do Allegrismo because my father cannot drink and we are all sharing a table!

Sailing in the Med. I don't even know the prices in euros for the packages; only US Dollars. However, prices were set when US dollar was not anywhere as close to the euro as now. I don't even know if we can do Allegrismo because my father cannot drink and we are all sharing a table!

The price in Euros is €26 pppd. If you prepay you'll avoid a 15% service charge. If you choose to buy the package onboard you'll end up paying a total of €29.90. With the exchange rate it may be better value to buy onboard and pay in Euros. You won't have to make any decisions 'til actual embarkation time AND you get loyalty points: 1 for every €200 spent onboard.

The price in Euros is €26 pppd. If you prepay you'll avoid a 15% service charge. If you choose to buy the package onboard you'll end up paying a total of €29.90. With the exchange rate it may be better value to buy onboard and pay in Euros. You won't have to make any decisions 'til actual embarkation time AND you get loyalty points: 1 for every €200 spent onboard.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have free drinks package but was wondering what is included in the standard Alegrissimo.

I only drink beer but is it only draught or can I get bottles? My wife drinks brandy and White Zinfandel. Will these be included in the standard package.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have free drinks package but was wondering what is included in the standard Alegrissimo.

I only drink beer but is it only draught or can I get bottles? My wife drinks brandy and White Zinfandel. Will these be included in the standard package.

Bottled beer is only included in the premium package. The draught beer is Heineken (and maybe one other). There are 4 or 5 brands of brandy available on the Allegrissimo. Wine is very limited IMHO. There's a choice of 2 whites, 2 reds, 2 sparkling and 1 rosé. This is whether you order them from the bar or in the MDR. I don't really like the offerings and will often purchase the premium package just for the better quality wines! Remy Martin XO @ €12 per glass is also included on the premium so it's worth it for me!

However, you could always purchase bottles of wine in addition to your drinks package. In the MDR, if you don't finish the bottle, they'll keep it and store it in optimum conditions 'til the following evening for you. The prices are fairly reasonable - just remember to add 15% to the price .......... something I often forget to do so end up paying more than I'd planned to!

Bottled beer is only included in the premium package. The draught beer is Heineken (and maybe one other). There are 4 or 5 brands of brandy available on the Allegrissimo. Wine is very limited IMHO. There's a choice of 2 whites, 2 reds, 2 sparkling and 1 rosé. This is whether you order them from the bar or in the MDR. I don't really like the offerings and will often purchase the premium package just for the better quality wines! Remy Martin XO @ €12 per glass is also included on the premium so it's worth it for me!

However, you could always purchase bottles of wine in addition to your drinks package. In the MDR, if you don't finish the bottle, they'll keep it and store it in optimum conditions 'til the following evening for you. The prices are fairly reasonable - just remember to add 15% to the price .......... something I often forget to do so end up paying more than I'd planned to!

Thanks for all that info. Really grateful.

Thanks for all that info. Really grateful.

Prego - as the Italians would say :)

I have pics in my phone from drinks menus taken last December. If there's anything else you want to know about I'll check thru' them - brands, etc. I won't upload them here - they're not the best!

You should be well-covered with the basic package - it's pretty comprehensive unless you're not a lager drinker! My DH is so it serves us well.

Edited by Beamafar

Prego - as the Italians would say :)

I have pics in my phone from drinks menus taken last December. If there's anything else you want to know about I'll check thru' them - brands, etc. I won't upload them here - they're not the best!

You should be well-covered with the basic package - it's pretty comprehensive unless you're not a lager drinker! My DH is so it serves us well.[/quote

I too am a lager drinker so it should be fine.

Thanks again.