Divina room service???

orangecat51

Hi,

I have read that you can have a breakfast served in your room....are other mealtimes available too? So for example, if we return to our cabin, a bit burnt and worn out, can we have something to eat in our cabin rather than having to get ready and go to one of the restaurants? We are travelling at the end of the year on a Caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance.

You can only get continental breakfast - no other meals are available to the cabin unless someone is ill.

You can get pizza (can't remember the price) and snacks such as soup and sandwiches from room service for a charge. Last time I looked, it was €3 a plate or 2 for €5. If you're in a Bella cabin, there will also be a charge for service. Here's a list from an earlier cruise, it may have changed slightly since:

Soup of the day

Italian antipasto platter

Mozzarella caprese

Mediterranean salad

Chicken caesar salad

Sandwiches:

Smoked salmon

Tuna salad

Speck ham

Ham and Cheese

Egg salad

Grilled vegetable

Cheese plate

Fresh fruit plate

Sweet temptations

Fresh fruit basket (5 pieces) €4.90

Edited by Beamafar
Grammar

You can only get continental breakfast - no other meals are available to the cabin unless someone is ill.

You can get pizza (can't remember the price) and snacks such as soup and sandwiches from room service for a charge. Last time I looked, it was €3 a plate or 2 for €5. If you're in a Bella cabin, there will also be a charge for service. Here's a list from an earlier cruise, it may have changed slightly since:

Soup of the day

Italian antipasto platter

Mozzarella caprese

Mediterranean salad

Chicken caesar salad

Sandwiches:

Smoked salmon

Tuna salad

Speck ham

Ham and Cheese

Egg salad

Grilled vegetable

Cheese plate

Fresh fruit plate

Sweet temptations

Fresh fruit basket (5 pieces) €4.90

Many thanks for that info. What's a Bella cabin?:confused:

Many thanks for that info. What's a Bella cabin?:confused:

MSC sell the cabins in categories referred to as "Experiences": Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and Yacht Club.

Check out Skier52's "sticky" thread at the top of the main page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

Here's a link to the MSC website's official explanation:

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/New-Experience-Categories.aspx

MSC sell the cabins in categories referred to as "Experiences": Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and Yacht Club.

Check out Skier52's "sticky" thread at the top of the main page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

Here's a link to the MSC website's official explanation:

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/New-Experience-Categories.aspx

Ahhh, ok, thank you. I'll have a look;)

Ahhh, ok, thank you. I'll have a look;)

I've just had a look. I can't see anything on the information I have. The cabin is a B2....does that mean anything? We booked with Virgin on a cruise and stay and I can't see anything that says anything like the classes that the link leads too.Puzzling:confused:

B2 will be a Fantastica cabin (B1 Bella, B2 Fantastica, B3 Aurea) which means you can have continental breakfast free of charge in your cabin and you will not pay a delivery charge for any other room service.

B2 will be a Fantastica cabin (B1 Bella, B2 Fantastica, B3 Aurea) which means you can have continental breakfast free of charge in your cabin and you will not pay a delivery charge for any other room service.

That sounds lovely. Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't even know such a thing existed. Will they mention this when we embark so we know what we will get?

Check the deck plans for your cabin number - this will tell you which "experience" you've booked. They're colour-coded according to category.

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/Images/Divina_deckplan_CORP_tcm65-103476.pdf

Just had a look....brilliant. I didn't know that existed. Thank you for your help :)

• 3 weeks later...

I read that in the Fantasia category you don't have to pay the fee for delivery but you still have to pay for the food. I've sailed with various cruise lines and have never paid for food delivered. We just tipped the person who delivered it.

I read that in the Fantasia category you don't have to pay the fee for delivery but you still have to pay for the food. I've sailed with various cruise lines and have never paid for food delivered. We just tipped the person who delivered it.

You don't have to pay for the food at breakfast in any region. At other times, yes there is a charge for food items in some regions. I believe they don't charge on US sailings, but perhaps they have changed this.

Tipping is not required for room service or anything else. It is a European line. No crew member will ever refuse one though!