Snorkel or tour

Hi all,

I'm looking for advise - we will be on Legend of the Seas visiting Champage Bay, Vila, Suva, Loutoka and Mare. Can anyone offer advise on the best ports to snorkel and the ports we are better of taking a tour, we would prefer that any tours were with local operators rather than booked through RCI.

Thank you

IMO - Champagne Bay & Mare - just go to the beach.

The others - do a tour.

Lautoka is just a commercial port - we did a day trip out to an island - maybe Bounty? There's nothing there except shade, toilet & lunch - but you can snorkel, swim, and they have light watercraft & a glass bottom boat tour. Was a nice day out! Can't remember other tour options there. A friend got a taxi to Denarau for USD$50 and used resort facilities - not really my style.

Suva - not my favourite place, but it's 20+ years since I've been there on Fairstar! I remember them trying to flog these sword sticks at the port ... It's the capital, so you might want to go out of town. We did something like a cultural centre tour, but it was a dinner thing.

Vila - lots of tour options here, there are markets near the port if you like that sort of thing, bit of a hike into town but you could get a taxi.

I think any of Lautoka/Suva/Vila would be fine for local operated tours.

Thanks for your reply, you have given me somewhere to start. I spent some time in Denarau a few years ago and would be happy to go back, also went to Suva over 20 years ago, wasn't a huge fan then so hopefully it's improved a bit

Hi all,

I'm looking for advise - we will be on Legend of the Seas visiting Champage Bay, Vila, Suva, Loutoka and Mare. Can anyone offer advise on the best ports to snorkel and the ports we are better of taking a tour, we would prefer that any tours were with local operators rather than booked through RCI.

Thank you

These tours are offered by local operators Viti N Sami DULAKI, discovermyfiji

Quote:

Originally Posted by naylum View Post

Hey Hil-Looks like we have 2 Hil's on the cruise- we are Sid and Hil. We are booked to go to Hawaii on the Golden Princess in Aug '17 and want to do this cruise this year. We would be interested in doing tours if any spots are still available. Thx Hil

Port Denarau tour :-

Thermal Mud Bath &Spa ( 4 hours )

· Fully Guided Scenic & Country drive thru the sleeping giant and historical villages

· Rejuvenating Mud

· Natural Therapeutic Pools

· Relaxing Massage

· Sightseeing through Denarau Island

· Shopping stop in Nadi Town

· Return Air Con coach Transfers to port.

· $95FJD per person booking for two please.

Suva Tour

Rainforest Walk, Fresh Water Pools swim, City Sights and a stopover @ the Museum for a light refreshments:

Duration : 4 hours

Scenic drive through city to the Rainforest @ Colo I Suva

5 minutes trek to the lower pool

Walk through and deep in beautiful fresh water pools.

10-15 minutes trek up to the upper pools

Swim and enjoy the cool freshness of the pools ( 1 1/2 hour )

Back to the Coach

Continue the coach tour through thick forests and breath taking scenery,passing through villages and Historical sights, Change of guards and a Stop over @ the Museum for refreshments.