Glasshouse No 1

bee-ess

Unfortunately it's not as good on Britannia as it it is on the top level of the atrium rather than being a separate bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

Love the Glasshouse on Azura, looking forward to enjoying my time in there in October.

I also love the Azura Glass House! The Peller Ice was definitely my favourite drink on my last cruise, and I enjoyed the tasting evening so much that I did it twice. Also found the staff were superb; so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Best place on Azura!

I also love the Azura Glass House! The Peller Ice was definitely my favourite drink on my last cruise, and I enjoyed the tasting evening so much that I did it twice. Also found the staff were superb; so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Best place on Azura!

We have done the taster twice as well and preferred to any of the speciality restaurants.

And me. I have done the Taster Dinner twice and enjoyed it just as much each time. This time Ollie Smith was on board and hosted a Taster Dinner as well as Cedric's one the next week. We did Cedric's. Ollie also did a Wine Tasting session in the Manhattan and it was terrific.

Cedric by the way will be moving to a different bar in September, which will be a shame. I particularly like his style.

Edited by Scriv

• 3 weeks later...

We loved The Glasshouse having been recommended by another couple we met on the cruise via FB group.

We that is 8 of us ( they had to specially put two tables together for us all) attended the wine pair meal tasting evening and really enjoyed it.

We then also often popped into The GH lunch ish time for 3 plates our favourite being Butterbean Casoulette. We went a number of times as we were on a T/A.

We look forward to returning again on our soon Fjord cruise again on Azura :):):) I

Edited by Lukaswithak

We loved The Glasshouse having been recommended by another couple we met on the cruise via FB group.

We that is 8 of us ( they had to specially put two tables together for us all) attended the wine pair meal tasting evening and really enjoyed it.

We then also often popped into The GH lunch ish time for 3 plates our favourite being Butterbean Casoulette. We went a number of times as we were on a T/A.

We look forward to returning again on our soon Fjord cruise again on Azura :):):) I

Gosh that sounds awfully familiar.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

The Glass House is or was the best bar on Ventura. It is a pity that P&O have decided to invoke the formal dress code in the Glass House on all their ships. I have not cruised on Azura so can't comment but IMO the Glass House on Britannia and Aurora are an inferior product. The atrium location on Britannia is far from ideal with a lot of people walking through. How this will work on formal nights I don't know. The venue on Aurora is just dark, dingy and unwelcoming and whoever designed some of the seating obviously wanted to discourage elderly passengers.

P&O should revert to the original concept - a friendly comfortable relaxed bar selling an excellent selection of wines ( I like peller ice too) and offering food for reasonable prices. however it appears that the bean counters are trying to turn it into a restaurant. :(

I also love the Glass House on Azura but was so disappointed with its position on Britannia and to make things worse it was filled with people just reading, not drinking or eating so could not get a table, I spoke to the staff and they are not allowed to ask people to move, I must admit the cruise we went on resembled a nursing home so don't think I will be on Britannia again.

I also love the Glass House on Azura but was so disappointed with its position on Britannia and to make things worse it was filled with people just reading, not drinking or eating so could not get a table, I spoke to the staff and they are not allowed to ask people to move, I must admit the cruise we went on resembled a nursing home so don't think I will be on Britannia again.

The age of the other cruisers has to do with the time of the year the cruise not the ship.

If you have said that about one or two others it would have more relevance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I do tend to agree. We love the Glasshouse on Azura. On Britannia it loses its identity somewhat and being in a prime spot in the atrium is a good place to sit and people watch, or read. I know as we did it too.

I do think the glasshouse could have been better designed on Britannia as its a walkthrough and about a third smaller than the venue on Azura.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also love the Glass House on Azura but was so disappointed with its position on Britannia

I must admit the cruise we went on resembled a nursing home so don't think I will be on Britannia again.

Ive only been in the Azura but loved it, some of the seating isn't conducive to eating more contemporary for looks but the tables are fine in Resturant part more. Never noticed people using it fir relaxing and reading the eating and drinking,

Have to say on any of our cruises never seen huge nursing home type customer criteria, lol

Perhaps yours was a Saga in disguise :rolleyes:;) in

On Britannia, I can recommend the tables by the windows. You can look out onto the Promenade deck, and the ocean beyond. No-one wanders through so it's a peaceful relaxing space to enjoy a chilled glass or two, along with the pork belly cassoulet.

An interesting observation I made on our recent cruise on Azura.... I had read before we went that the Glass House was now Formal Dress on Formal nights and I think I saw it somewhere in the ship's literature.....

But then it did not appear as such in the daily Horizon during the cruise? Does anyone know if it actually was applied on Formal Night? I never went there on Formal Night but maybe some of you others might have done?

Edited by Scriv

An interesting observation I made on our recent cruise on Azura.... I had read before we went that the Glass House was now Formal Dress on Formal nights and I think I saw it somewhere in the ship's literature.....

But then it did not appear as such in the daily Horizon during the cruise? Does anyone know if it actually was applied on Formal Night? I never went there on Formal Night but maybe some of you others might have done?

Good question Scriv

I do know that the Glasshouse is listed as formal on all ships on the P&O Q&A section of their site. On the other hand they write that Oceana has a Crows Nest :confused:

If formality is applied I can't understand why. IMO the revenue generated from food will be less as the casual dressers are forced elsewhere.

As much as I love Formal nights, I don't see formal dress as befitting the ethos and atmosphere of the Glass House and agree that it is a great alternative for people wanting Casual Dress and also a revenue earner.

Ollie Smith was on board on our cruise and I wonder if that made a difference? I have always thought his image promoted relaxed, smart casual rather than Black Tie etc.