Brittannia-La Coruna

Terry Bird

We loved our visit to La Coruna on Oceana in April 2014. We just enjoyed the coastal walk from the harbour, all the way around to the town. If memory serves right we got off the ship and followed the path to the right of the ship.

The path walk is simple and stunning and we would go back in a heartbeat. One of those 'stand out' moments on a cruise. No need to pay for an excursion if you are able to walk.

We also passed the aquarium and I understand that that too, is fabulous.

Really did not like the 'town' side though and preferred the more 'wild' side at the start of the walk.

Do you think the coast walk would be possible pushing a wheelchair? Your thoughts would be appreciated please.

Yes as much of it is a path from what we remember. There are some places with grassed areas closer to the sea but it was short and well maintained.

Thank you Presto2 that's really good to know. We're due in that port early October and my husband would enjoy a coastal walk rather than me asking to go into the town. He likes to avoid all shops, well it's me he steers clear of shopping :D

Thank you Presto2 that's really good to know. We're due in that port early October and my husband would enjoy a coastal walk rather than me asking to go into the town. He likes to avoid all shops, well it's me he steers clear of shopping :D

You'll pass the aquarium on your way around and that is supposed to be very popular. We didn't do it due to time, but it is supposed to be very good. It really is a beautiful coastal walk and a day we have always remembered as one of the best ever on a cruise. Really did not like the town area at all and were glad we had chosen the scenic route. :D We went in early April, so I imagine the weather would be similar to October. Loved it :D

I am just back from la Coruna with Britannia, I would recommend touring it yourself as the official tours are over priced, everything in la Coruna is close to the ship anyway. Me my wife and four year old daughter used the map in my phone to navigate around, the tower of Hercules and aquarium are only around a 20 min walk from the port, it's a great walk up along the beach. Plus entry to the aquarium was only 10 euro.

Edited by Whitelaw87

I am just back from la Coruna with Britannia, I would recommend touring it yourself as the official tours are over priced, everything in la Coruna is close to the ship anyway. Me my wife and four year old daughter used the map in my phone to navigate around, the tower of Hercules and aquarium are only around a 20 min walk from the port, it's a great walk up along the beach. Plus entry to the aquarium was only 10 euro.

Hi, we didn't do that side of the area. We went to other way and to the headland first, ending up by the beach. There were a lot of raod works going on and maintenance to the paths there. Has that finished now?

Hi, we didn't do that side of the area. We went to other way and to the headland first, ending up by the beach. There were a lot of raod works going on and maintenance to the paths there. Has that finished now?

I can't recall seeing any works going on, la Coruna was one of the better ports in our cruise I will definitely revisit. :)