Ventura DeLuxe Cabin Condition

We had a delux balcony D deck midship in May. We were disappointed in the fact that the carpets were worn and covered in spills around the sliding door to the balcony, the settee had seen better days, the cushions disgusting and the bathroom was outdated and the grouting marked in places. However, saying that we got it at a good price. We liked the extra space in the cabin and the balcony which jutted out and was overlooked but very few people hung over their balcony looking down. The power shower was really good with plenty of hot water although not a fan of the shower curtain. The bed was super comfy and the bed linen was lovely as were the towels. It was our first time on Ventura and the public rooms were very nice and the ship had a nice friendly feel.

I was in D732 - with one of the largest balconies on the ship - in May and found the cabin to be well maintained. Unlike an earlier poster I found the settee to be in good condition. The carpet in some of the hallways was looking tired in places but overall the ship's condition was OK.

We were on the Azura last year shortly before it was due to be refurbed. We were very disappointed with the state of our Deluxe Balcony cabin, ie dirty carpet, smelly cushions and grubby grouting. However I complained to the powers that be with the result that the carpet was shampooed, the cushions and covers were replaced and the grouting was cleaned. You have to voice your concerns at the time so that faults can be remedied. I don't think we should have to do this, and the fact that the ship is due for a refurb is no excuse for passengers to experience lower standards. Another shock for us was to see holes in the carpets at the bottom of a flight of stairs. Standards should not be allowed to sink so low, an area of carpet can be replace overnight whilst still at sea. As purchasers of a product we have to complain if that product does not deliver the quality that it advertises.

Watching this thread with interest as I have booked a Superior Deluxe balcony on Ventura in September as a special treat for my daughter. It is on an Early Saver, so I don't yet know which one.

We have just returned from our cruise on Ventura, there were 5 of us in 3 cabins on C deck. We were about 12 cabins from the front, but the saving having cabins there as over £800 in total so well worth it than having 3 cabins in the middle. There was no rust on the balconies, bathrooms were spotless (apart from a small crack in one of the basins) and carpets were also very clean. Would love a deluxe cabin on D deck as I prefer a bath to a shower.