Genoa Boarding

Mostonian

We have a flight from Manchester next month to board Oceana in Genoa. The flight time is 6 am which will get us into Genoa about 9 am and even allowing for transfer and boarding procedures will see us ready to embark the ship by about 11 am. This seems very early to me, in view of all the issues about boarding early in Southampton, and I am wondering if the cabins will be ready. Methinks I will be a little bit cross if I am kept hanging about for a considerable time.

We flew to Genoa from East Midlands airport a few years ago and although are flight time was 11am, those flying from Manchester had very early flight times and were onboard enjoying breakfast before our flight set off!

We flew to Genoa at 6am last September. Everything was on time but when we arrived at the check-in building things were very disorganised and it took us a while to board. We eventually go on around noon and there is a notice advising when the cabins would be ready. It's in deck order. We went and sat by the pool and had a drink and something to eat as there was a poolside bbq. The room was ready around 1.30pm. No problem as we just enjoyed the sunshine.

We're hoping that it will be as easy as it was last April when we flew from Manchester early to get on at Venice. Boarding was very quick and we went straight to our cabin - though it was noon.

From what we've read elsewhere for Genoa we're taking a change of clothes, perhaps swimming gear in our hand luggage incase we board very early (as luggage seems to be getting to cabins late) and have to hang around in our travelling gear. We'll probably be there in time for brunch as our plane leaves at 7 a.m. from Manchester. Whatever, can't wait ....

We did this exact flight in May, we were onboard by 10am having breakfast, all very slick no nonsense with queues, off the plane on the bus in the terminal on the ship it was that easy..cabins ready from around 1pm..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did this last year, it was really smooth. Someone to great you at the airport, on a coach to Genoa port. Checked in onto the ship. However due to how they stagger people leaving the ship to go back uk our room was not ready until 1pm. Thinking back we had 7am flight from Manchester.

Sounds good to us ---on the ship :-) Can't wait and not long to go now.

Better than at Southampton where it will be more likely be 3.30pm boarding .... now that is another thread ;)