Boarding again: P and O lies

Clodia

Sorry to raise this again. I am finally Caribbean Tier after YEARS of cruising, and was looking forward to boarding earlier this time. Some little grunt in P and of lack-of-Customer -Services is now telling me I cannot.

To say that I am angry, upset, and on the verge of cancelling this and the next 2 cruises i have booked with them is the understatement of the century. Has anyone else had this experience?

What is the POINT of spending years getting to Caribbean Tier if you are treated like this?

It's never a good idea to ask Customer Services anything!

As you're now Caribbean level you should be able to turn up at 1pm and get on board. I believe this was sent out in a statement from Christopher Edgington within the last year.

Sorry to raise this again. I am finally Caribbean Tier after YEARS of cruising, and was looking forward to boarding earlier this time. Some little grunt in P and of lack-of-Customer -Services is now telling me I cannot.

To say that I am angry, upset, and on the verge of cancelling this and the next 2 cruises i have booked with them is the understatement of the century. Has anyone else had this experience?

What is the POINT of spending years getting to Caribbean Tier if you are treated like this?

As I have said in another place. You will board at 13.00 not the time on your Eticket. That has been made quite clear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't take an hastle from the 'stewards' and insist that you are entitled to priority check in (which you are) and need a 'Fast Track' card to get you to thr check in desk earlier. Friends of ours had a similar problem and just went to another steward and got striaght through.

It's nothing to do with a classless society - it's a perk that you have earned so use it. Enjoy your half bottle of Champagne!

Your eticket will state you are Caribbean tier and if you arrive before 1.00 pm you are given a grey alphabet card. As soon as Ligurean and Suites start boarding they begin to call these letters through so you still board before everyone else. You will still have time to drop your bags in the cabin and then make your way to the welcome onboard restaurant for drinks and snacks. Don't expect a full blown meal, it has not been available for Caribbean and above for ages, you will need to go to the Lido if your that hungry😀

Don't take an hastle from the 'stewards' and insist that you are entitled to priority check in (which you are) and need a 'Fast Track' card to get you to thr check in desk earlier. Friends of ours had a similar problem and just went to another steward and got striaght through.

It's nothing to do with a classless society - it's a perk that you have earned so use it. Enjoy your half bottle of Champagne!

Sorry about the typo's

I understand you are upset, but surely you didn't spend years cruising just for the Peninsular Club benefits?

And they say we are classless society

What silly statements these are what is the point of having a loyalty club if you don't get the benefits applied as promised. I am sure Millers would complain if they reached a level of a loyalty club and say didn't receive a percentage discount on their bill. Host Sharon do not think anyone books a cruise just for the benefits of the Peninsular Club but when you do reach a level you expect to get benefits for that level are you telling me that you forsake any loyalty benefit given to you by any cruise company I don't think so, you shouldn't criticise anyone that has reached Caribbean tier and one of benefits is priority boarding that he has a right to that and has the right to complain if he doesn't receive it.

What silly statements these are what is the point of having a loyalty club if you don't get the benefits applied as promised. I am sure Millers would complain if they reached a level of a loyalty club and say didn't receive a percentage discount on their bill. Host Sharon do not think anyone books a cruise just for the benefits of the Peninsular Club but when you do reach a level you expect to get benefits for that level are you telling me that you forsake any loyalty benefit given to you by any cruise company I don't think so, you shouldn't criticise anyone that has reached Caribbean tier and one of benefits is priority boarding that he has a right to that and has the right to complain if he doesn't receive it.

But nothing has happened yet. The cruise is still to come the position is quite clear and has been repeated a number of times. If you are Caribbean you board at 13.00.

Whoever gave the advice on the phone needs retraining.

Just checked on the website, here what it says:

Benefits at our homeport

Priority Lane at check-in

The Priority Lane ensures you reach the check-in desk quickly, making an effortless beginning to each cruise.

Priority Arrival Time allocation

You will be allocated an early Arrival Time of 1pm*

Private Welcome On Board Reception

Open from 1.30pm to 3.30pm, serving complimentary alcoholic and soft drinks, along with canapés.

* this may not be reflected on your e-ticket, but we're working on this and hope to have it rectified by early 2016. In the meantime, please feel free to arrive from 1pm, regardless of the time on your e-ticket, and we'll check you in straight away.

Just arrive for 1pm!!

I would dump Pando and enjoy your cruising with a proper 5 star line, Celebrity will welcome you with open arms. I can assure you wouldn't regret your decision.

We have done both and like both for different reasons ---- not sure if your comments address the OP.

I am going to arrive as planned at 1 pm with a timed and dated printout of the Caribbean Tier benefits from the website; I have already altered my time on the eticket.

I have also written to the MD demanding retraining for the so called Customer Service staff as they clearly do not know what they are doing.

Nevertheless this has thoroughly disillusioned me; the boarding time IS a deal breaker for me and I very bitterly resented the new arrangements when I was within one cruise of Caribbean tier.

I now have a big decision to make. If I continue to cruise at the rate I have done since I retired 4 years ago, I will reach Baltic within another 12-18 months. Or I can go upmarket to one of the 6 star lines and cruise a little less often.

The response of senior management at P and O will largely determine the decision I make.

I would dump Pando and enjoy your cruising with a proper 5 star line, Celebrity will welcome you with open arms. I can assure you wouldn't regret your decision.

I have taken to reading the celebrity boards as some keep on saying how wonderful they are.

Reading what people have posted on there they are not a 5* line. They have the same problems as P and O (including people moaning about boarding) and cost cutting and many other things.

The poster has been pointed in the right direction on here that they will get priority boarding , and to ignore the time given on their ticket.

Hopefully they will go on the cruise, enjoy it and stay with the 2 future cruises they have booked .

I am going to arrive as planned at 1 pm with a timed and dated printout of the Caribbean Tier benefits from the website; I have already altered my time on the eticket.

I have also written to the MD demanding retraining for the so called Customer Service staff as they clearly do not know what they are doing.

Nevertheless this has thoroughly disillusioned me; the boarding time IS a deal breaker for me and I very bitterly resented the new arrangements when I was within one cruise of Caribbean tier.

I now have a big decision to make. If I continue to cruise at the rate I have done since I retired 4 years ago, I will reach Baltic within another 12-18 months. Or I can go upmarket to one of the 6 star lines and cruise a little less often.

The response of senior management at P and O will largely determine the decision I make.

I wouldn't worry about reaching Baltic Tier in Peninsular Club as P&O are changing the terms and benefits of their loyalty club whatever it will be called. Christopher Edgington did say at the CruiseCritic live chat he did that he hoped it would be in place by Summer 2016 and some received a survey recently asking their opinions.

With the current events in the South of France I look at posts like this in bewilderment at what this says about our society in general and the petty priorities that people seem to have in their lives.

We are cruising for the first time with P&O in August. We have been given an allocated time of 1500. Am I unduly bothered about it? Not at all, as my holiday will have started the previous day on our journey down to Southampton.

Whilst on board we intend to have a great holiday and hope to meet lots of new friends. My only hope is that most of the people that seem to moan about boarding times and tipping will be on another ship

Pando are not a 5 star cruise line. I do not even think they set out to be one.

With the current events in the South of France I look at posts like this in bewilderment at what this says about our society in general and the petty priorities that people seem to have in their lives.

We are cruising for the first time with P&O in August. We have been given an allocated time of 1500. Am I unduly bothered about it? Not at all, as my holiday will have started the previous day on our journey down to Southampton.

Whilst on board we intend to have a great holiday and hope to meet lots of new friends. My only hope is that most of the people that seem to moan about boarding times and tipping will be on another ship

Here here - It must be wonderful to have nothing else to worry about - Life is too short

With respect when you have done a few cruises and you reach a level in the loyalty club you might expect to receive the benefits as quoted for the loyalty and money you have shown to that cruise company. If they then don't give you those benefits you might have a different view.

But nothing has happened yet. The cruise is still to come the position is quite clear and has been repeated a number of times. If you are Caribbean you board at 13.00.

Whoever gave the advice on the phone needs retraining.

If P&O were to retrain all their staff that do not currently perform satisfactorily, then they would need to cease operating for about 6 months until they were up to scratch, and then have to start all over again as the trained staff left for better jobs and a fresh batch of untrained ones started.:rolleyes:;)

With respect when you have done a few cruises and you reach a level in the loyalty club you might expect to receive the benefits as quoted for the loyalty and money you have shown to that cruise company. If they then don't give you those benefits you might have a different view.

With respect, nothing has happened yet the OP has not failed to receive what there loyalty gives them.

If they do not get on at 13.00 then they can complain up to now all this has just been hot air. And some people have enjoyed putting the knife in.

Pathetic.