Premium Economy Flight upgrade?

ann141

We are flying to St Lucia next March and are flying on a chartered P and O thomas cook plane. I am wondering whether to upgrade to premium economy? Is it something I need to opt for now or can I just wait until the seats go on sale and decide then?

I just can t decide whether to upgrade or just pay extra to choose a specific seat or extra legroom.Don t think I can choose seats until nearer the sail date but just wondered if I would be able to choose premium seats if any left when seats go on sale or whether I need to upgrade now?

If you leave it you may miss out, when we did this they were very popular. We upgraded at the first opportunity and when it was time to select seats we did it as soon as we could but there were hardly any left. The early bird catches the worm.

One thing I m slightly concerned with is that there are not many premium economy seats and higher tier levels get first choice so if I have opted previously to upgrade I may end up with 2 seats apart or in the middle etc(I prefer an aisle seat)

Jasperado, I think the seats become available about 14 weeks before the cruise. If you look on P and O website and google 'When do flights become available(under q and a) a table should appear with the actual date the seats on your cruise are bookable via cruise ersonaliser.

I ve just had another quick look on P and O website,Jasperado and you need to click on 'Can I purchase specific seats and scroll right down the page to get dates when seats become available to book

We are flying to St Lucia next March and are flying on a chartered P and O thomas cook plane. I am wondering whether to upgrade to premium economy? Is it something I need to opt for now or can I just wait until the seats go on sale and decide then?

By booking the upgrade, you also get fast-track security at the airport, plus a huge luggage allowance (I see this as a target, not a limit :D). We have always booked upgraded seats on these flights and have never sat apart yet. I am always keen to reserve 2 seats together as soon as they become available.

IMO, don't faff about; if it's important to you then book today :)

Edited by NauticalMiss

I ve just had another quick look on P and O website,Jasperado and you need to click on 'Can I purchase specific seats and scroll right down the page to get dates when seats become available to book

Thank you Ann, even though you were asking the question you have answered mine.

Good luck :)

Please can I ask, if you pay to upgrade do then have to pay to select your seat?

I would expect that booking your seat in premium should guarantee you sit next to your travelling companions??

Our seats will be available to book this weekend, sailing 4th November. I believe that is 14 weeks. Does everybody pay the £20 per person each way (total £80 for two people) or just check in early and hope to sit together? Reading about this on Facebook forum, and some do, some don't.

Please can I ask, if you pay to upgrade do then have to pay to select your seat?

I would expect that booking your seat in premium should guarantee you sit next to your travelling companions??

Yes you do have to pay again to select your seats to be sure of sitting together.

Personally we have always found there to be adequate leg room in economy and have just paid to guarantee sitting next to each other.

We had our first P&O cruise last Xmas and flew on Thomas Cook from Manchester. We booked Premium Economy and were rather surprised to find that another £50 per person per flight was required to sit together. There were only two seats together left at this point - front bulkhead - as presumably the high ranking cruisers had got in early.

Be aware!

On a Thomson Dreamliner there are 47 premium seats and 241 economy seats.

Of the premium seats, there are only 26 in pairs and the remainder are three abreast. It is not physically possible for everyone to be seated in pairs.

It's the same in economy where the seating is 3-3-3.

Seat plan here

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thomson_Airways/Thomson_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

Brian

Thanks for all the advice. Have decided not to book Premium Economy seats because there are only a limited number of these seats and presumably the higher tiers will have first choice so there may be little choice left when our turn comes! Also didn t realise you woud have to pay extra to choose those seats!Will just pay for extra legroom if available seats or to choose aisle seat

Usually if you want to book Premium Economy seats you have to do it at the time you book the cruise and even then if you don't book the cruise when bookings first open those seats are likely to have gone. As there are so few seats they don't hang around for very long.