Which cruise of these two?

catharina

Hi, my name is Carina and I am from Holland. I am getting married in March and we want to make our first cruise as a honeymoon!

We are doubting between two cruises, maybe some of you can give me advise, tips or opinions on this:

Brilliance of the seas, 28 march, 11 night caribbean balcony cabin

celebrity Zenith, 27 march 14 night caribbean but an inside cabin

Which is nicer, more romantic, beter?

Love carina

Congratulations, Carina!

Here are some things for you to consider:

The US has what they call "Spring Break", where public school and college/university students are out of school. Easter is on March 27 next year, and you can expect A LOT of kids to be on cruises - but usually no longer than 7 nights. I have been on the Celebrity Zenith before, but it was when she was new...back in about 1991 or so. I personally love Celebrity, as it tends to cater more to adults rather than families with kids. I think that their food and service are wonderful, and the ship is smaller and more intimate. I haven't been on the RCI Brilliance, but it is a much newer and larger ship, with plenty of balcony cabins, which the Zenith does not have. Celebrity is considered more of an "up-scale" line than Royal Caribbean. If it were me, I'd go on the Zenith for a longer cruise. Even though it would be an inside cabin, there's so much to do on the ship, and at the ports of call, that you really don't spend that much time in the cabin. Part of your decision might be based on the ports of call you want to visit. Good luck!

For the most part, I agree with the previous post. My favorite line is Celebrity, with RCI coming in second. I have been on the Zenith twice, but not the Brilliance. Considering that you are considering a longer cruise (>7 days) and it's you first, I tend to recommend the Brilliance for the 11 day cruise. The Zenith was my first cruise ever and I loved it, but I had nothing to compare it to. It is a lovely ship, but much smaller than the newer ones, but by no means shabby and run down. (I beleive it was refurbished recently) The Zenith for 14 days is a loooonnnggg time. The Brilliance may have more to offer for a long cruise. It's a tough call. Celebrity definitely is more upscale with better food and the Zenith would be more intimate than the Brilliance. As as state above, the Zenith does not have balconies, but the cabins are a decent size.

Also, remember that this is your first crusie, so you may not love it like the rest of us

(doubtful, but still a possibility) so maybe you should consider the shorter one. I know I wasn't much help, but I wanted to give you some things to ponder. Either way, both are good choices, just different.

Zenith, Bermuda 09/97

Rhapsody of the Seas, outhern Caribbean 2/98

Zenith, Bermuda 6/99

Sea Princess, Alaska 7/01

Mercury, Western Caribbean 01/03

Both your trips are longer voyages so there will be less kids. I have not been on either ship but given that it is a honeymoon I would opt for newer and balcony. Have a champange breakfst on your balconey on a sea day, it will be a memory to last a lifetime.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

icon_wink.gif Honeymoon

Brilliance of the Seas - once you have cruised with a balcony cabin you will want to cruise only that way in the future.

It will give you the chance to be out in the sun and away from everyone.

Also, this is the day after Easter and a lot of children can't afford to be out of school for a long time.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

We were on the Celebrity Zenith last fall on a 14 day Western Carib cruise and were not too impressed with that ship. We had a regular outside cabin. Balcony cabins are a little more romantic and also allow you to see a little more of the ports and the ocean as you cruise.

I believe the RCCL ship is also a much newer cruise liner and will have more to do than on the Zenith.

Again this is my opinion but I would choose the Brillance over the Zenith.

Have a Great next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada