NCL shareholder benefits...

PeteBull64

this is from an update to the CruiseCritic news story on the acquisition:

There aren't any plans to combine loyalty programs, Sheehan said. “I can see advantages to that and disadvantages,” he said. “I want to keep the integrity of the three brands separate and distinct.”

Edited by takemewithyou

this is from an update to the CruiseCritic news story on the acquisition:

There aren't any plans to combine loyalty programs, Sheehan said. “I can see advantages to that and disadvantages,” he said. “I want to keep the integrity of the three brands separate and distinct.”

Great news - thanks for posting!

Interesting. But, as you explained so well it is easy to obtain Platinum status on NCL which enables you to get Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine, 25% off laundry, etc. To NCL passengers, these are great perks.

NCL has it's good points, but the meal we had in Le Bistro is the single worst meal we have had on any ship, including the Costa Allegra, which eventually caught fire in the China market and was scrapped. We walked out without finishing because both our entrees were equally bad, and we had no hope of better.

Sent from my XT1031 using Forums mobile app

I have heard from several people who are "luxury" cruisers that The HAVEN on NCL is divine. I would have booked a Haven Suite for a TA but the schedules did not coincide with my plans so I am going on Seabourn instead.

For those who cruise O for the food, ANY NCL cruise will disappoint I am sure. For the rest of us, who feel they can always find something to eat on a ship, it is not a big deal IMO.

I have learned in life that you can waste a lot of your time worrying about things that never will happen. There will be plenty of time to consume ourselves with worry about the state of Oceania if and when the proverbial other shoe drops.

Food is a given. You can part take in the how full can I fill my tray.

Service will be basic...Cabins too basic..

un like Pacheco and others I have seen the Family hideaways and or gardens cabins and they are great...... but on a ship....they are obscene and tasteless on a ship; designed for people who what a Vegas villa and would rather not be on a ship

But that is what NCL designers are famous for garish paint schemes by a decorator experienced in decoration of Tijuana " cat "houses ( my apology to pussy cat owners). Every where outside the cabin you are assaulted relentlessly by bar stewards, and sales pitches and the cheesy cheap decore

Inside your cabin your safe... after wading through the reams of the special flyers that show up every day ( did you know that Alaska is the best place to buy pearls?)

I like Don tried Le bistro... and I grade Cracker Barrel and Denny's higher

• 3 months later...

Back to the share holder benefits - Norwegian HAS included Oceania -- see http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/0x0x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/blankPDF.pdf

Regarding OBCs from RC and Carnival, I have never been denied credits as a share holder because of other credits received as part of my booking - I am not sure how Norwegian will handle but I am going for it!

We are almost exclusively now Oceania cruisers, however we have just done a cruise on NCL. I must say, DEFINITELY, if you are in a suite and if it is a ship that has The Haven, you are totally WELL TAKEN CARE OF.

NCL does do a lot for their suite passengers...and the suites are WAY LESS than O or R, so don't kid yourself. The liquor packages are way less, and the butler service is really good. In addition to that they have a private concierge who takes care of the suites. They do not wait for you to contact them...they contact you! They deliver.

So add on all the specialty dining, and you are still way less than Oceania. Regent is so over priced IN MY OPINION with only two restaurants on old ships with old people (I am old) that I am way over that.

Don't shoot down what you may like if you open your horizons. I think the décor is not what FDR would pick...it is kind of on the wild side, but the service is VERY, VERY GOOD. I will stand up for NCL.

Leaving for an Oceania cruise in a few days. Still like O!

Last January we were in the Caribbean and we were docked directly in front of NCL in Barbados. The people on Oceania had to walk about half a mile in 84 degree heat to the cruise terminal, and the people on NCL had a shuttle. We paid more on NCL...Now go figure!

Back to the share holder benefits - Norwegian HAS included Oceania -- see http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/0x0x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/blankPDF.pdf

Regarding OBCs from RC and Carnival, I have never been denied credits as a share holder because of other credits received as part of my booking - I am not sure how Norwegian will handle but I am going for it!

At the risk of sounding like a snob (which I am not), I cannot see Oceania passengers purchasing 100 shares of NCL so that they can receive the small OBC's described in your link (thank you for attaching it:-) Most of us receive more than that from our TA's in addition to 5% of our cruise fare back. When we book with our Platinum Amex card we also receive $300 OBC.

Caroldoll, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the alcoholic beverages sold when you have the NCL package is not of the quality of Oceania (i.e. top shelf alcohol). It sounds like you pay less and get less.

Also, have a couple of comments....... Regent does not have two restaurants on any of their ships. The minimum number is four on the Navigator while the Mariner and Voyager have five. Also, all of Regent's ships are newer than the three "R class" Oceania ships. You are a dear friend and I don't mind that you dislike Regent...... just want to present Regent as it truly is. :)

P.S. Upon giving it further thought, it is possible that Regent's Navigator is as old as the three Oceania ships.

Edited by Travelcat2

Oceania club benefits would not be combinable?

Oceania club benefits would not be combinable?

Oceania CLUB benefits have no restrictions and are always combinable. The stockholder benefit, introduced to Oceania by its new parent company NCL Holdings as a result of NCL having gone public, is not combinable with Oceania Club or any other benefits. It's more of a public relations ploy than a viable benefit.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 friends sailing on an upcoming Oceania cruise were recently denied the stockholder benefit because their cruise rate included other promos. Who sails on Oceania and pays the brochure rate or doesn't receive some sort of promo?

Oceania/NCL needs to get their act together. Right now their "stockholder benefit" for Oceania is blatant false advertising,

Just to followup on my previous Post.

The obvious, is that if you're considering buying NCLH stock for the OBC benefit, first request your TA to check with Oceania to see if your cruise rate w/amenities qualifies for the benefit.

I've always though of shareholder's benefits to be an inducement to the many who own the stock to purchase a cruise with the line they own stock in. Not the other way around to offer a benefit to cruise if they buy some stock.

I'd never buy a stock in order to get free toaster though if owned the stock I'd be inclined to purchase their products with a discount.

Cruisers know how to work the deals and maximize benefits and combine promo's. Many threads have the complain that they can't combine this with that. Extreme couponing comes to mind. I can't imagine buying a cruise or a stock to save $100 (with a significant additional purchase). If I owned the stock for the investment then of course take the deal.

I've always though of shareholder's benefits to be an inducement to the many who own the stock to purchase a cruise with the line they own stock in. Not the other way around to offer a benefit to cruise if they buy some stock. ... Cruisers know how to work the deals and maximize benefits and combine promo's.....

Well, to each his own. I bought Carnival Corp awhile back. I got $250 OBC on my last Princess cruise and the one before that, ... and I believe I also got the very best deal from a TA (I shop around). Plus the stock has appreciated some.

But, you've MISSED the entire point of the post. Carnival Corp has a schedule of OBC based on cruise length. No IFs or BUTs. You then get the best deal you can from any TA. NCLH IS BEING DEVIOUS.

I't would certainly be good to hear from someone who did get a stockholder OBC from Oceania.

Well, to each his own. I bought Carnival Corp awhile back. I got $250 OBC on my last Princess cruise and the one before that, ... and I believe I also got the very best deal from a TA (I shop around). Plus the stock has appreciated some.

But, you've MISSED the entire point of the post. Carnival Corp has a schedule of OBC based on cruise length. No IFs or BUTs. You then get the best deal you can from any TA. NCLH IS BEING DEVIOUS.

I't would certainly be good to hear from someone who did get a stockholder OBC from Oceania.

Well I didn't quote you and actually was not replying to you specifically but making a comment about purchasing a stock to get a cruise credit.

And no, I did not miss your opinion on Carnival vs. Oceania. I chose to not comment. Your opinion is very clear even without all caps.

• 1 year later...
Earlier posts mentioned that NCL shareholder benefits cannot be combined with any other promotions. Is this still the case?

No longer the case. Get the best deal from your TA and you still get the stockholder benefit.

Earlier posts mentioned that NCL shareholder benefits cannot be combined with any other promotions. Is this still the case?

Here is the language from our confirmation of stockholder benefits that I received tonight. I've removed our booking number and our travel agent's name. I got this 3 hours after we applied. WOW, that's service!

Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk – Oceania Cruises

Based on the updated policy wherein the NCLH Shareholder Benefit is now combinable with Oceania Cruises promotional amenity for reservations created on or after January 7, 2016, the corresponding shipboard credits have been applied to your upcoming sailings. An updated invoice has been sent to your Agent at XXXX.

We certainly look forward to Welcoming You Aboard.

Best Regards,

ShareHolderBenefit@OceaniaCruises.com | http://www.OceaniaCruises.com Oceania Cruises

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami, FL 33126

Edited by tgg

Here's how the benefit works...

1. What is the shareholder benefit?

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 or more days.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 days.

$ 50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 days or less.

Offer valid for any cruise vacation on Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® or Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, excluding any charter sailings. Additional terms and conditions may apply.

2. Who is eligible for this benefit?

This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) at time of sailing.

3. How do I redeem this benefit?

To redeem this special offer, simply complete the Shareholder Benefit Request Form which is available on the Investor Relations website at http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com and mail or email with accompanying

documentation. You will be asked to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number, reservation number, ship and sailing date along with a photocopy of your shareholder proxy card or photocopy of a current brokerage statement (brokerage account number must be blacked out before

submitting) showing proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH).

All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date.