First Oceania voyage? Montreal-NYC

OctoberKat

Hello, we would like to plan our first cruise on Oceania, considering Montreal - NYC itinerary, in vista or owner's suite, NOT on Marina or Riviera. Appreciate advice, suggestions, insights, input of any kind.

Context: We have a single cruise to our credit on Regent Navigator with three more sea cruises booked on Seabourn and Silversea together with a Belmond barge trip along the canals of Burgundy.

My suggestion would be to NOT discount Riviera. It is one of the most beautiful ships at sea and as someone new to cruising it would show you the difference between a slightly larger ship vs: the R ships. I think you would thoroughly enjoy it.

It may be better to read though some of the threads even use the search feature then come back with specific questions/concerns

Oceania is not like Regent so if you are looking for Luxury all inclusive you will be disappointed

I agree look at the O class ships as well

JMO

YMMV

Would advise OS over VS because of the real possibility of some rough seas and the front of the R ships really do absorb every higher wave.. We love the OS and the ability to eat from any restaurant in your very own space. Enjoy Oceania.

Edited by orchestrapal

We've done the cruise, really nice and the Owners Suite is the way to go--a bit big but very nice. If you do go on the "M" nor "R" look at the Oceania Suite also nice a bit smaller but I like better than the Owner Suite. (two of them are in the back of the ship.)

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

I've was in a Penthouse suite toward the front of the Regatta sailing from New York to Montreal and had no problem with rough water. I also was in a Vista Suite on a Mediterranean voyage on Insignia, and likewise had no problem with motion, and I am very prone to sea sickness. Likewise in a concierge cabin at the very front of the Insignia, right next to a Vista suite on a cruise to South America . The Vista suite is large enough. The Owner suite I saw was larger than I needed, and it is nice to be in the front having the Captain's view going into and out of ports.

• 4 weeks later...

We're scheduled in October for NY/YUL in an OS. A little bit smallish, having become accustomed to the OS on Riviera and Marina (twice the size) but we'll give it a shot. For a 10-day cruise, it should be adequate but, at 1,000 sf, you shouldn't expect wide-open spaces.

We're scheduled in October for NY/YUL in an OS. A little bit smallish, having become accustomed to the OS on Riviera and Marina (twice the size) but we'll give it a shot. For a 10-day cruise, it should be adequate but, at 1,000 sf, you shouldn't expect wide-open spaces.

Is (one of my) legs bring pulled?

We leave tomorrow for the Marina NY to Montreal.

We did the same itinerary on Regent on the Navigator. A few ports are different. I expect it will lovely. We have sailed on all the Regent ships and the Oceania ships except Insignia.

The Riviera is lovely. If you have any questions about the differences between the lines, happy to answer.

We leave tomorrow for the Marina NY to Montreal.

We did the same itinerary on Regent on the Navigator. A few ports are different. I expect it will lovely. We have sailed on all the Regent ships and the Oceania ships except Insignia.

The Riviera is lovely. If you have any questions about the differences between the lines, happy to answer.

chatKat from CA, we are going on a tour of the Marina when it is docked in Boston, May 9th. Just a lunch, tour and lecture to get a feel of the ship before booking. Any suggestions on waht to wear? Thank You