Costa Mediterranea Buffet & Dress Code

ghockley1981

Thanks G.M.T. That's what I thought but just needed confirmation. Our friends ask us how we are able to travel so much we always tell them that we don't spend a lot of money daily at Bars, Starbucks and expensive restaurants here in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coffee (some don't call it that ) is available free in the MDR and buffet during breakfast and lunch, but not during dinner.

Alternatives is either an AI drinks package or the Coffee cards.

The regular coffee is also avilable in the buffet in the afternoon during the tea time and it is always avilable for free in the room service menu if you are in a Premium cabin or in a suite

Edited by ITCruiser94

Coffee (some don't call it that ) is available free in the MDR and buffet during breakfast and lunch, but not during dinner.

Alternatives is either an AI drinks package or the Coffee cards.

There was no tea/coffee in either for lunch two weeks ago but we did get

water (and ice) in the buffet. There were waiters serving the usual drinks

menu though. And a fizzy drink dispenser that swiped your Costa card.

Free coffee/tea were only available during breakfast and the afternoon tea.

The coffee cards were actually slightly more expensive than the coffee

from the waiters except you got a "free" can of illy instant bean included.

The standards of coffee varied enormously from bar to bar, and we only

found one that put chocolate on a cappuccino. The good news is that an

Americano costs the same as an espresso (ie the dash of water is free)

but it is much smaller and stronger than UK style - about double the size

of an espresso. But prices were lower than UK (from memory,

E1.15 for espresso, E2.30 for capuccino but then +15% service)

Tea was invariably made from hot, not boiling, water. (But that's been

true of every cruise line I've sailed with, even UK focused Thomsons)

Thanks G.M.T. That's what I thought but just needed confirmation. Our friends ask us how we are able to travel so much we always tell them that we don't spend a lot of money daily at Bars, Starbucks and expensive restaurants here in New York.

We are back on Mediterranea in February I can confirm coffee is poor, but cappuccinos is okay at 2.30 plus service charge, we always have package & can get coffees at most bars.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this Post it was very helpful. We will be boarding The Mediterranea next week and my wife and I like to travel light carrying everything with us then if we need something we buy it in China or England or where ever we are. Carrying a suit and a formal dress "and" the shoes that go with it changes everything.

Thank you for this Post it was very helpful. We will be boarding The Mediterranea next week and my wife and I like to travel light carrying everything with us then if we need something we buy it in China or England or where ever we are. Carrying a suit and a formal dress "and" the shoes that go with it changes everything.

Hello raven82. i hope you have a wonderful time on the mediteranea next week. Please do let us know your thoughts of this cruise upon your return. Happy Cruising. :)

Just off the Mediteranea 3/2 to 10 th; although we never ate in the main dining room there was no formal night on our 7 day cruise,

Please say hello to Erwin the Maître D' in the specialty restaurant on mid-ships on deck ten, what a great bloke, best Maître D' we have ever met worth paying for that special meal up there, mention my name Mr Stock to get a great table.

Just off the Mediteranea 3/2 to 10 th; although we never ate in the main dining room there was no formal night on our 7 day cruise, Please say hello to Erwin the Maître D' in the specialty restaurant on mid-ships on deck ten, what a great bloke, best Maître D' we have ever met worth paying for that special meal up there, mention my name Mr Stock to get a great table.

Thanks Tenpin, I will actually look for Erwin just for the fun of telling him that he had a passenger that mentioned him on this site. In Reality only a small percentage of people actually Travel The World and an even smaller percentage go on Cruises let alone multiple Cruise like everyone on this site, it's a Small World.

Hello Raven82 and Tenpin,

I'll take note of Erwin, the Maitre D'..

We are booked on Costa Med for the 7-day cruise (out of Marseille). Looking forward to the cruise; itinerary is one of the best for Western Med.

Haven't sailed with Costa for many years. Hope we are pleased with it. I understand that the Med is one of the best and loved ship. Great. After all, she is 'quite' small by today's standard!

Incidentally, the roll call is silent. only two members.... (including me)...

Jacques O, in Paris

Hi Jacques,

I see from your signature you have been on our favourite ship of all time The Europa in 04, same year we cruised on it for the third time (12/10/04) we have been on it since it went over to Thomson as the Dream.

Do look up Erwin if he is still on board, what a great guy he is, so comfortable to talk to, no airs about him all are equal, the food in the 'Specialty Restaurant' now for Perla Diamante & Suite guests well worth the cost of one meal in there & he makes every evening a wonderful experience

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi tenpin,

We had a great time on The Costa Mediterranea even with some rain cold and rough seas that come with Cruising The Med in early March, no big deal. Going to do an Adriatic Cruise probably with Costa next. Love how Costa is everything Italian.

Hi tenpin,

We had a great time on The Costa Mediterranea even with some rain cold and rough seas that come with Cruising The Med in early March, no big deal. Going to do an Adriatic Cruise probably with Costa next. Love how Costa is everything Italian.

Glad you had a good cruise bit disappointing about the weather, funny we always cruise the Med in February & in general we get great weather, but on the Mediterranea this year it was the worst we had ever had, nearly put me off my wine but not quite.

It was cold and heavy rain in Marseille but it's still France and we dove into it and they cancelled Malta but we'll use that as a good reason to take the same cruise again. We never travel overseas in the summer and we've had cold and rain in London, Paris, Dublin, Beijing, Hamburg etc. and we will take that every time over the heat and crowds in the summer.