GoPro Black Hero 5 question

Trying to get the pictures and videos from the GoPro to my iphone and my mac... I keep getting a message when trying to connect to the "Capture" app that I have no internet connection.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any easy way to transfer the pics and videos to my computer and/or my iphone?

I bought it with the intention of taking it to Alaska in July. So on my cruise in April I used it, and love it, just having trouble getting the pictures and vidoes where I can share them with friends and save them to my computer.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Charlie

yes, it acts like it's going to connect and then on my phone it reads "no internet connection where the camera name and number are.

I'm trying to do this from my wireless router, do I need to be hard connected to the internet?

Trying to get the pictures and videos from the GoPro to my iphone and my mac... I keep getting a message when trying to connect to the "Capture" app that I have no internet connection.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any easy way to transfer the pics and videos to my computer and/or my iphone?

I bought it with the intention of taking it to Alaska in July. So on my cruise in April I used it, and love it, just having trouble getting the pictures and vidoes where I can share them with friends and save them to my computer.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Charlie

I had a similar problem connecting with my Iphone.

After some Google research my work around was to:

1) Turn WiFi on in your GoPro settings. (Note the Password)

2) Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. (On android you don't need this step)

3) Go to settings-connections on your phone and select the camera WiFi. (Your phone will be connected to your home Wifi automatically. The Capture app uses the cameras Wifi signal.

4) If the app asks you to connect via Bluetooth select yes. ( I don't know why, but it helps to make the connection)

5) Enter the Camera Password when prompted and you should be connected.

I'm doing this from memory. I don't have my GoPro in front of me right now and have dropped all Apple products. (For many reasons) I may have missed a step, This should get you close. Someone will jump in if I missed something.

Mark

4) If the app asks you to connect via Bluetooth select yes. ( I don't know why, but it helps to make the connection)

This likely works because Bluetooth is being used instead of WiFi.

aloanldy, Is there in fact a WiFi local area network through which the devices can connect, i.e. there is a WiFi capable router installed.