Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

It's our friend 's parents 70 Wedding Anniversary. He invited families and friends from around the world, 500 of them. He hired the famous Chinese Acrobats, singers, magic and all kind of entertainments.

We were in Las Vegas with them last week. He told me to wear whatever I want. My husband must wear a tuxedo thou. I have many dress and gowns that would be fine with the event. But because it's his parents celebration, I thought I would dress more conservative that's all.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marie,

Either dress would be wonderful to wear. You have the most beautiful taste in clothing. I wish that I had your sense of style.

Thank you, Ladies. The gowns came. I like the black and white. I'm not sure about the red, I like the color, but not the style. I'm going to take it to my tailor to see what she can do.

M

A more fitted bodice would be much more flattering.

Both gowns are going back. I don't like the necklace on the black and white. The red is not me. As always I prefer form fitting.

We don't have to be in Bali until June the 25t. I will be in Paris next month then New York early June for the Belmont. I will shop in both place then.

Good night... sweet dreams

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I don't have any pictures to share as I'm searching for 2 outfits for our upcoming cruise formal nights. We sail in 17 days so time is getting short!

I'm struggling with fit. I'm longer than average from my shoulders to waist, so anything with a waist seam doesn't seam to fit properly. In addition my actual rib cage is large so even if I can handle the seam being above my waist, if it fits around me I look like a rectangle... no curve at all!

My questions to you wonderful ladies are does anyone else struggle with this and if so can you suggest brands or places to shop?

Hi all,

I don't have any pictures to share as I'm searching for 2 outfits for our upcoming cruise formal nights. We sail in 17 days so time is getting short!

I'm struggling with fit. I'm longer than average from my shoulders to waist, so anything with a waist seam doesn't seam to fit properly. In addition my actual rib cage is large so even if I can handle the seam being above my waist, if it fits around me I look like a rectangle... no curve at all!

My questions to you wonderful ladies are does anyone else struggle with this and if so can you suggest brands or places to shop?

I'm short in the torso, but I would suggest separates.

Try to find a couple dressy tops to pair with a skirt or pants.

Swing dresses might be nice if you could find the style. No waist and would flow over your ribcage.

Edited by KandCsailing

I'm short in the torso, but I would suggest separates.

Try to find a couple dressy tops to pair with a skirt or pants.

Swing dresses might be nice if you could find the style. No waist and would flow over your ribcage.

Maybe we could "average out".

I've been looking for separates but they seem to fall in 2 categories -- either much too young (midriff baring prom dresses) or a bit too mature. Just saw this online at Chicos... might have to go check it out.

https://www.chicos.com/store/product/sequin-coldshoulder-dress/570205528?color=982&catId=cat500023

Great pictures! Which ship were you on?

I did end up finding two dresses today. Oddly enough both the same designer.

http://www.dillards.com/p/nicole-miller-new-york-strapless-floral-gown/506782917?di=04913344_zi_multi&categoryId=-10005&facetCache=pageSize%3D48%26beginIndex%3D0%26orderBy%3D1%26facet%3D-10027810599111108101327710510810810111432781011193289111114107

I figure this one is perfect for that 2nd formal night after a few days of cruise food and drinks ;-)

The other is a sequin midi length tank dress - blue to silver ombré.

Of corse that means my gold scrappy sandals won't work, so had to find a pair of silver ones....

And need to find a necklace for the strapless one.

Will try to add real pics soon.

TXNewlyweds. We were on Royal's Liberty out of Galveston. I, personally, wouldn't put a necklace with that gorgeous strapless dress, I'd do some crystal chandelier earrings instead. I might have to find that dress for our November cruise, or our March cruise to Cuba...

Maybe we could "average out".

I've been looking for separates but they seem to fall in 2 categories -- either much too young (midriff baring prom dresses) or a bit too mature. Just saw this online at Chicos... might have to go check it out.

https://www.chicos.com/store/product/sequin-coldshoulder-dress/570205528?color=982&catId=cat500023

Cute dress.

Averaging out would be awesome.

Now I just have to decide it I want the extra height below the waist to make my breasts higher above my waist

or

I could put it above the breasts and be able to wear bigger necklaces without them hiding in cleavage.

Tough decisions!

Cute dress.

Averaging out would be awesome.

Now I just have to decide it I want the extra height below the waist to make my breasts higher above my waist

or

I could put it above the breasts and be able to wear bigger necklaces without them hiding in cleavage.

Tough decisions!

I'd go with below my waist.... it would be great not tuck my pants waist into my bra band :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got this dress at Dillards & it was on sale. I paid $46. including tax! Fits beautifully & is so comfortable. Will have to have it hemmed, but at that price couldn't pass it up. Didn't really need it but just loved it!

20170608_110630_zps8nylne2n.jpg

Back of the dress!

20170608_110730_zpsfavvhwow.jpg

Edited by IrishLassie
Added another picture

wow! Are you kidding me? Its beautiful! I would have snatched that one up also! :D

Just got this dress at Dillards & it was on sale. I paid $46. including tax! Fits beautifully & is so comfortable. Will have to have it hemmed, but at that price couldn't pass it up. Didn't really need it but just loved it!

20170608_110630_zps8nylne2n.jpg

Back of the dress!

20170608_110730_zpsfavvhwow.jpg[uote]

Marie, you look beautiful.

Thank you, ladies. We are in New York for the Belmont Race on Saturday. This morning we left the house with out my hat. We live only 15 minutes from LAX, but didn't want to take a chance to go back to get it, sometime the traffic is really bad. I guess I have to go to Saks tomorrow to buy one.

My daughter, her boyfriend and three of my friends are here as well. My husband think they are here for the race. They are actually here to celebrate his birthday on Sunday. He is in for a surprise because three of the ladies from lady year cruise will be at the dinner as well.

Judy! Your new dress [emoji156] is pretty.

Nite nite ladies.

Marie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a wonderful time Marie! Hope your hubby has a terrific birthday! Sounds like alot of good times!

Good luck with the hat!:)

Thank you, ladies. We are in New York for the Belmont Race on Saturday. This morning we left the house with out my hat. We live only 15 minutes from LAX, but didn't want to take a chance to go back to get it, sometime the traffic is really bad. I guess I have to go to Saks tomorrow to buy one.

My daughter, her boyfriend and three of my friends are here as well. My husband think they are here for the race. They are actually here to celebrate his birthday on Sunday. He is in for a surprise because three of the ladies from lady year cruise will be at the dinner as well.

Nite nite ladies.

Marie

Nite nite ladies.

Marie

Sorry to hear that you left your beautiful hat at home. I hope that you can replace it with one that you will also love.

Enjoy you stay in NYC and I hope your husband has a wonderful birthday and your horse come in first.