Southampton hotels fully booked

davecttr

I'd stay a bit further out i.e. Winchester and book a taxi to Southampton as it's not that far.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, stayed at Holiday Inn edge of Winchester precruise, nice hotel, also a Premier Inn there @ The industrial area.

That is why I book my hotel reservations at the same time I book a cruise---usually 1 year in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here, just booked the new Terminal 4 Premier Inn at Heathrow for 50 quid for May next year on arrival from Sydney for a kip and a 'full English' before picking up the rental car next day.

UK Hotels do fill up very quickly in the warmer months.

Thanks very much people for the replies. As the railways have no scheduled engineering works for my route on the Sunday I have decided to risk the train, an early morning departure from home should get me to Southampton by noon. I also have alternatives, 4 different routes into London and 2 from London to Southampton. Plus as a final resort a taxi part of the way would cost me no more than the inflated room prices.

As long as you allow plenty of time you should be fine. We have done it from Kent by train using different routes - London, Brighton and Tonbridge/Redhill. We have also made the journey by National Express. All have worked ok. If going on day of departure via London is best as there are alternatives. As you say, as a last resort, taxi. We have never used a taxi but did get a quote for £120 one way Kent to Southampton a couple of years ago. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We

've stuggled to book a room & parking at the beginning of September, our usual hotel where we do a cruise package is fully booked. Because we want a Saturday night I'm hoping that the rooms have been blocked out for a wedding & one may become available nearer the date.

We struggled to get a room with parking because several hotels rent out their car parks to exibitors for the boat show the week before.

Finally booked via holiday Extras but it was an out of town hotel so not ideal for original poster, if arriving by train.

Same here, just booked the new Terminal 4 Premier Inn at Heathrow for 50 quid for May next year on arrival from Sydney for a kip and a 'full English' before picking up the rental car next day.

UK Hotels do fill up very quickly in the warmer months.

We do the same and generally at that time only flexible bookings are available, so I keep track of any saver offers and then try to secure one at a lower price nearer the time.

If not you can find that some dates become very expensive.