Please help with info about video cam purchase!

I am in the haz mat response business and we do a specialized service for tanker trailer trucks and other large flammable (fuel-gas-acids) free liquids that are being released by a compromise to the tank or they need to be off-loaded at the scene of a crash or other emergency. I need 2 video cameras that are waterproof to have worn or tripod filming of these events. Mostly for documentation as well as live streaming to an off-site expert when and if additional directions and comments are needed to guide us or assist us with procedures, which is frequently.

I do not know about video cameras and thought I would post this. I researched the GoPro5 and seems I can interface with live streaming (?) and other similar things. Unless I misread the specs and reviews? The price I have on Amazon is about $500 each with accessories, head and chest mounts, tripods, extra batteries and chargers, etc.

Can anyone comment if this is the best all-around waterproof outdoor video for the money, say $500 range with the primary purposes to let someone see, live streaming, what we are doing and when directions are needed?? Thanks, hope to get some comments.

GoPro cameras are known as action cameras, because they're intended to be "in" the action. They have a wide-angle lens that does not zoom. Unless you want a broad vista, you're not going to want a GoPro mounted on a tripod from as far back as I'd think a hazmat scene would require.

It might be a good value, but depending on your needs, you most likely will find that a (much) more expensive camera and set of mounts will do a lot better job for you, especially in the awful light I'd expect to find on a hazmat scene (speaking as a former firefighter/EMT...).