Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

Great Live review Mr T. Never came across you on board - chatted one day to a Spurs fan in a Kane shirt at the pool bar who was laughing about the Gooners finishing fifth in a three horse race.:D

For the folk who are asking about shows we only missed one 7pm show as we always went before late dining in the MDR. We've been on 26 cruises on various lines and the shows were the best we've seen. Ashlie Amber who performed the Whitney Houston tribute show was amazing. Lovely girl, had a chat with her in the Sky Lounge one night - she was leaving the ship at the end of the cruise to embark on a solo career. Look out for her.

Thanks,

Luckily I didn't see that god awful shirt anywhere onboard, that's a quick way to turn a stomach [emoji855]

You must have been lucky/unlucky as it's very rare to see such a shirt anytime after march when their season normally ends, still bless em for having something to crow about for the first time in 20 years [emoji23] I guess coming second is like winning the league for that lot...

Normal service will resume next season [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just want to mention that the reviews by Mr. T and Scrappytraveller were spot on. We actually did the MDR every evening and was pleasantly surprised as we think the quality has actually improved.

Ditto.

Even though we were Select Dining, we requested the same wait staff every night; had served us on the Equinox 5 weeks earlier. They were the best MDR staff we had ever experienced in +40 years of cruising.

Mr_T;

Excellent review and photos of our cruise. Though I have not read all 22 pages there were two remarkable things that happened during the cruise.

1. We were only ship in four of the ports; one other ship in Aruba. Only cruise ship in Grand Cayman was a miracle.

2. The weather in each port was excellent, clear to PC with more clouds in Key West. No Rain until we got ready to depart Key west.

Mr_T;

Excellent review and photos of our cruise. Though I have not read all 22 pages there were two remarkable things that happened during the cruise.

1. We were only ship in four of the ports; one other ship in Aruba. Only cruise ship in Grand Cayman was a miracle.

2. The weather in each port was excellent, clear to PC with more clouds in Key West. No Rain until we got ready to depart Key west.

Thanks,

Yes both points were really great, I guess the first being the benefit of cruising the Caribbean out of season and the second was good luck I guess [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loved your wonderful review! My daughter and I were on the same cruise and your beautiful pics and prose are just so nostalgic for me. Luckily, we have another Equinox cruise in October this year, but the waiting for it is so painful. :)

The only thing that really disappointed me this cruise was that Blu no longer had the vegetarian menu available. Luckily, our wonderful waiter Joe was able to bring us many items from the MDR to supplement the few things we liked on the Blu menu. We really do love Blu itself and had all our dinners there.

One thing I have to mention: we went to Kermit's in Key West and had the most delicious Key Lime pie I have ever had. Went back for a second slice. And they have a beautiful courtyard to eat it in with a bamboo waterfall cascading into a pool with beautiful fish swimming lazily around. Wonderful atmosphere!

Thanks so much for the enjoyable review. Did you happen to notice the pricing for the lunches in Murano and Tuscan?

35 for murano and 25 for Tuscan. Just got off Friday and we did Tuscan for lunch and dinner once. They used to have a great lasagne and filet on the Tuscan lunch menu but no longer :(

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

Did you happen to stop by the Sky Lounge during the day? We like to sit up there sometimes during the day and I recently read a review where Park West had their "art" up there almost constantly. (I know recently on Silhouette it was 2 days out of 7, so not too bad). Did you find this to be the case on Equinox?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

Did you happen to stop by the Sky Lounge during the day? We like to sit up there sometimes during the day and I recently read a review where Park West had their "art" up there almost constantly. (I know recently on Silhouette it was 2 days out of 7, so not too bad). Did you find this to be the case on Equinox?

I only walked through a couple of times but there was something going on both times, not sure what but they were setting up for something

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MR_T: Feet are generally regarded as our best feature...

Really? Your feet have nails chewed by mice, I guess. After seeing them so many times, I now close my eyes.

Thank you for your review. Well done - except for too much concentration on booze. If you have to get dizzy, how can you call that having a good time? :p

Not really a secret but we really enjoyed movies in Celebrity Central. They play 3 times a day...we saw Lala Land and Fences during our cruise. Also loved the tranquil quiet Sky Lounge. Enjoy your trip

Thanks for your review and especially for the menus and photos. We will be boarding the Equinox on Saturday with a different itinerary, but I feel sure the menus will be the same. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and it will be very interesting to compare Celebrity with Royal, where we have been cruising for many years. We aren't really looking for nightlife and we've previously visited all the ports, but we do like to be able enjoy good food and relaxation. Your review has made me even more excited about boarding the Equinox. Incidentally, many of us here in the U.S. post the feet photos too. ;p

Wow! Awesome review. Covered all the bases . Thanks for the link. We are also coming from RC (although not nearly as many sailings as you) and look forward to trying out the Equinox in August.

Dan

Wow! Awesome review. Covered all the bases . Thanks for the link. We are also coming from RC (although not nearly as many sailings as you) and look forward to trying out the Equinox in August.

Dan

Thank you for reading and giving me feedback. I forgot to mention that I loved getting preprinted nice luggage tags from Celebrity. Have you ordered yours?

Thank you for reading and giving me feedback. I forgot to mention that I loved getting preprinted nice luggage tags from Celebrity. Have you ordered yours?

They aren't ready yet, but look forward to it. Bought some nice luggage tag holders months ago in preparation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E4SQNU4/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan

They aren't ready yet, but look forward to it. Bought some nice luggage tag holders months ago in preparation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E4SQNU4/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan

We generally use similar ones but Celebrity will mail REAL personalized tags to you at no charge. Here's a picture of the ones we received about six weeks before the cruise free. We had to request them.

d15da2d147444843e36317f16765b29e.jpg