Is cabin available upon embarkation

mrstmaxx

If you want to be sure you have immediate access to your cabin on sail away day you can do what we do and book back to back to back to (you get the picture). If there is a reason you must get to the cabin earlier (refrigerated Meds etc) you can get a customer service officer to help. Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read the FAQ Section on Xs website. A lot of useful info and they state that cabins will be available after 1:00.

As a new cruiser you wouldn't know unless you read that and I don't know why you wouldn't look at their website even though it isn't the greatest it has some good info and most times not up to date as I doubt that the officers on the ship pay any attention to it. 🤔

To others that have cruised many times on X I don't know why they always include it their reviews as if it is surprise and make a big issue about it.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

If you want to be sure you have immediate access to your cabin on sail away day you can do what we do and book back to back to back to (you get the picture). If there is a reason you must get to the cabin earlier (refrigerated Meds etc) you can get a customer service officer to help. Terry

wouldn't that only assure you access early on the second leg of your b2b not on the first cruise

wouldn't that only assure you access early on the second leg of your b2b not on the first cruise

LOL Sorry. Just making light of another perk of booking b2b. The first leg access depends on them getting your cabin ready but the point was if you require early access for a reason they will work with you to resolve the need for early access. Others have posted about using the spa dressing rooms to shower and change clothes. Bringing a bathing suit and using the pool and hot tub. Another perk of b2b is lunch in the MDR which is for b2b guests only. We have 3 or rather 6 cruises booked so it is 6 short cruises which turn into 3 long cruises with all the b2b perks. Terry

We are used to cruising with Princess where our cabin is available when we board, but is the same true with Celebrity? Thank you

Having sailed both Princess and Celebrity, I have always pushed back on the Princess cruisers who think Princess is better since your cabin is "ready" once you board. In truth, Princess doesn't let you on the ship until the cabins are ready. I've also boarded a Princess ship with my cabin still being cleaned/made up when it was supposedly "ready". Anyway, you'll find that you can board a Celebrity cruise earlier than a Princess cruise, but your rooms are ready at basically the same time. Others may have different experiences, but I enjoy boarding earlier even if I have to wait for m cabin to be ready.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Usually ready somewhere between 12:00 and 2:00.

Not sure why Princess can do it but Celebrity can't.

HAL too has the cabins ready when you board. It's so nice to be able to go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry on bags before heading off for lunch.

On our last cruise, we were on board around 12:20pm, the door to the hallway to the cabins were closed. There was a sign on the door saying rooms will be ready by 1:00pm. We were getting ready to take our carry-on to the buffet, but then we saw another guest just opened the door (it was not locked) and went in. We followed in to find our cabin. No one was around in the hallway.. use the key and the cabin door opened, cabin looked ready. We just left the carry-on and went to the buffet.

Our experience is different.

Never had a cabin available on Celebrity before 1:00 PM. Has been closer to 1:30 on our last 3.

No way Princess has held us in the terminal until those kind of times. Usually are able to board Princess around 11:30 or so, cabins have always been ready.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but it is nice to board, dump your carry-ons, and then proceed to lunch. With Celebrity offering embarkation day lunches to Suite and Concierge pax, it does make it easier for those 2 classes since you can drop your carry-ons at the restaurant.

To others that have cruised many times on X I don't know why they always include it their reviews as if it is surprise and make a big issue about it.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Perhaps they include it because, as some have stated, Princess is able to have cabins available immediatey upon embarkation.

This was a very pleasant surpise for us, and and as loyal RC and X cruisers, made us wonder why it shouldn't be possible on their ships.

If you are on a B2B and are switching cabins, how does access to the new cabin work on turnaround day?

Do you have to vacate the old cabin by 8 AM and have no access to the new one until 1 PM?

We are able to leave clothes on hangers and pack suitcases on turnaround morning. Cabin steward will move everything to new room. Ship had all b2b people walk off ship using old keys and walk back on using new keys around 10 AM. We were able to go to new room and unpack. B2b folks had special lunch in main dining room around 11:30. Some were given new keys to take off ship for touring at the port and could bypass check in at pier and go straight to ship when tour was over. Easy and painless even when changing rooms. Terry