New to Celebrity.....Where are the penny pinchers?

ColoradoTiger

Is there any advantage to paying for the internet before you get on board?

The only advantages I can think of is that you know you have it already, don't have an extra task to do after boarding, and you just want to get it out of the way and know it's paid for out of your onboard credit(if you have any) already. Other than that, it's better to wait because you may decide not to go for an unlimited package(there are lesser time packages available that aren't available for early purchase) and it's very easy to buy after boarding. If you're a Captain's Club member you're eligible for discounts on some internet packages(discounts depend on your loyalty level), and I'm not sure if it can be applied immediately if you buy the package before boarding(the last time I sailed, the discount was on the sheet of coupons that was in my room with the code needed to apply it).

My first cruise was in an inside cabin and I loved it, the quality of sleep was amazing(especially the midday naps)thanks to the darkness, and since I see a lot of solo cruising in my future, an inside would be my best bet to afford it(unless Celebrity begins to make it a bit more feasible for solo cruisers, that is). Because my DM prefers oceanview cabins(she likes a window) that's what we usually take now, but if there was a cruise I wanted and the only way to go was in an inside cabin, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

You will be just fine with not having a beverage package if you don't drink coffee, soda, alcohol or don't care about bottled waters; the MDR serves iced tea(it's unsweetened) and non bottled ice water at lunch and dinner, The Oceanview Cafe has drink dispensers(when I sailed last year it was lemonade, fruit punch or a fruity drink, and iced tea)as well as water available at all hours(the glasses are 6 oz size, but you can get as many refills as you want), and if you don't drink hot coffee, they have hot tea and hot cocoa(the instant in packages)and milk(both cow and vegan)is also available. One tip though: you might need to add some water or extra ice to the drinks, they can be a bit too sweet sometimes) The MDR and Oceanview also serve very nice meals; the specialty restaurants are a nice treat once or twice(and usually as you board, you can get a decent discount for the first night's dinner if you care to splurge just once), especially if you're celebrating an event or want a more intimate setting, but eating in them all cruise long is not in my budget either.

I would love to do inside as I prefer to sleep in absolute darkness and I'm fine with my outside time being on public decks. Unfortunately my husband is claustrophobic and so we do balconies. Apparently even ocean view is not enough, the door must open. I'd rather cruise inside and more often but even more I'd rather cruise with him so we make do.

You're going to have a fabulous trip and other than the conversations here where people help each other find the cabin that has the features they want it's not an issue at all.

The MDR and Oceanview also serve very nice meals; the specialty restaurants are a nice treat once or twice(and usually as you board, you can get a decent discount for the first night's dinner if you care to splurge just once), especially if you're celebrating an event or want a more intimate setting, but eating in them all cruise long is not in my budget either.

The specialty restaurants also do not change their menu's daily as does the MDR and OVC, or even very often. I've seen the same specialty dining restaurant menus months/years apart on different ships. That's another reason beyond cost that we don't choose to dine in them more than once or twice per cruise. We don't care for Tuscan Grille, and Q-sine is a once and done kind of place for us. Q-sine is also best to do with a larger group, and DH and I tend to cruise just the two of us. Since they are removing.(or have removed) the Ocean Liners/Murano type specialty restaurants from the M-class ships, we will skip specialty dining altogether when sailing them.

The MDR and Oceanview also serve very nice meals; the specialty restaurants are a nice treat once or twice(and usually as you board, you can get a decent discount for the first night's dinner if you care to splurge just once), especially if you're celebrating an event or want a more intimate setting, but eating in them all cruise long is not in my budget either.

The specialty restaurants also do not change their menu's daily as does the MDR and OVC, or even very often. I've seen the same specialty dining restaurant menus months/years apart on different ships. That's another reason beyond cost that we don't choose to dine in them more than once or twice per cruise. We don't care for Tuscan Grille, and Q-sine is a once and done kind of place for us. Q-sine is also best to do with a larger group, and DH and I tend to cruise just the two of us. Since they are removing.(or have removed) the Ocean Liners/Murano type specialty restaurants from the M-class ships, we will skip specialty dining altogether when sailing them.

Yes, this as well. I ate dinner with a new friend for the first time in the Oceanview Cafe on the Summit(we met onboard, she was cruising solo and decided to not use her Select Dining preferring the OV because she could meet and chat with more people and the menu changed regularly)on my cruise last year(May 2016) and it was so nice and relaxing. As a treat, my DM and I will sometimes do a specialty restaurant(we miss Normandie too!)on the first night because of the offered discount, and on our upcoming 14 night cruise this September we will definitely be having dinner at OV as a change of pace, and I already know I'll be trying out Sushi on Five by myself, since I can't seem to convince my DM that they have more than just sushi on the menu

I have sailed inside a couple times but never again for me. Besides some general claustrophobia, I admit to being paranoid about getting sick and being confined to my cabin for days on end. I think I would go berserk in an inside cabin under that circumstance. Low probability I admit, but enough so that I will not take the chance.

Hello everyone, my husband and I have finally decided to cruise a new line and are booked on the Equinox in February. We are doing our research and have noticed that we seem to be the only ones who have booked an inside stateroom. We have cruised before, and we never spend time in our cabins except for sleeping and getting ready for the day. We also don't need drink packages as we don't drink soda and rarely an alcoholic drink. Hoping we can get some confirmation that we will enjoy our vacation on Celebrity without having an upgraded cabin and drinking all day.

We are also trying a new line and looking forward to Equinox in February. I'm just excited to be trying Celebrity after several cruises on RCL and NCL with some different menus & entertainment they were all getting to be the same.

What date in February are you sailing?

We are also trying a new line and looking forward to Equinox in February. I'm just excited to be trying Celebrity after several cruises on RCL and NCL with some different menus & entertainment they were all getting to be the same.

What date in February are you sailing?

We will be on the Feb 3rd sailing to San Juan, St Maarten and St Kitts

I can recommend the "World Cruise Cocktail on the Rocks".

Ask for that at any bar and you'll get a glass of tap water with an ice cube. Apparently it's a favourite across all lines on long duration cruises, among passengers who are keen to make their budget stretch further.

Actually, the only other cruise line we have done is Disney. We are booked on a Princess as a B2B with this Celebrity cruise in February, so glad to hear it will be similar. I know the stateroom will be smaller, and I am going in with a very open mind regarding the new cruise lines. We have been able to keep prices down on DCL, but we are ready for new itineraries, and the DCL prices are crazy for a southern Caribbean itinerary.

We sail DCL often too but loved both Cel and Princess over DCL and can sail twice for the price of DCL anymore. and I have kids/teens and even they pick sailing 2x to 1x on DCL.

Hello everyone, my husband and I have finally decided to cruise a new line and are booked on the Equinox in February. We are doing our research and have noticed that we seem to be the only ones who have booked an inside stateroom. We have cruised before, and we never spend time in our cabins except for sleeping and getting ready for the day. We also don't need drink packages as we don't drink soda and rarely an alcoholic drink. Hoping we can get some confirmation that we will enjoy our vacation on Celebrity without having an upgraded cabin and drinking all day.

I've sailed Carnival, NCL and Disney before doing Celebrity cruise. I will say that aside from different rooms, things around the ship should be similar to other cruise lines you may have sailed. The only difference aside from the cabin has been the feel of the cruise, one more formal feeling than the other. Disney had free soda but otherwise things were similar ... well aside from the characters :). Free drinks on all lines were found in buffet as self serve on all lines.

Enjoy and consider there are many inside staterooms on Celebrity and they typically sail full ... you are certainly not alone. I did and inside on NCL and have since done balcony/veranda but only because I love seeing the ocean from my room, otherwise all the same elsewhere on the ship and I enjoy myself just fine. I do have the beverage package perk which I enjoy but that is just my choice and it certainly sounds like that makes no difference to you. Happy sailing!