Pantyhose confusion

sockmonkeygirl

Only older ladies. I myself am in my early 50s (I don't consider myself old) and have not worn pantyhose in over 15 years. They are not in style any longer. Bare legs/toes is the way to go. If you need the support of the panty, then go with a spanx type product.

The nice thing about no hose is that on vacation, you usually have your toes done, and your legs will have a little color.

If you choose to wear them.....do NOT wear them with open toed shoes/sandals.

I haven't worn pantyhose in years and years but having said that...if you feel comfortable in them there's really no reason why you shouldn't wear them. I do, especially in winter, where black tights to keep my legs warm. But I would never wear them with any kind of open-toed shoe or bootie.

I have not worn hose in years and years. I never felt comfortable in them and once I figured out that my boss didn't care or notice if I wore them or not I quit wearing them. Now that I am retired I never have to even think about wearing them ever again.

Nope...I don't know anyone who still wears them! Throw a bit of fake tan on your legs, if that's your worry....and if that doesn't worry you, don't even bother!

I haven't worn pantyhose in.....well, AGES!!!! Maybe since the 80's!

Still wear them on occasion with dresses or skirts. When it is freezing out, bare legs just seem "wrong," and colored tights don't "work" with everything. However, if you can tolerate the chill, I have no problem with your bare legs. Be comfortable!

Only older ladies. I myself am in my early 50s (I don't consider myself old) and have not worn pantyhose in over 15 years. They are not in style any longer. Bare legs/toes is the way to go. If you need the support of the panty, then go with a spanx type product.

The nice thing about no hose is that on vacation, you usually have your toes done, and your legs will have a little color.

If you choose to wear them.....do NOT wear them with open toed shoes/sandals.

'scuse me, but I resemble that remark, sort of. I am an "older lady" (74 in April) and I have not worn pantyhose for at least 15 years and have no plans to do so in the future. If you do wear them, I agree with the advice to NOT wear them with open-toed shoes or sandals...very tacky, IMO. :eek:;):D

I remembered that there is one time when I do wear pantyhose. I have a wool tartan floor length kilt that I had made in Scotland. On the rare occasion that I wear it, and it is beautiful, I have to wear hose since wool makes me itch. Kneehighs don't work.

I can't believe they aren't necessary on formal night! I'll buy some no show peds for in my shoes and maybe a nice tinted lotion. Thank you all for the opinions.

Well, if they were necessary, how would we be checked to be sure we followed that rule? ;) Would the Maitre' D do a Trump and feel us up??? ;)

I totally forgot about the Irish Spring thing! I did this at my old house!!! But, I used knee-highs...

• 1 month later...

I'm 51 and can't remember how many years it's been since I even owned a pair of pantyhose, let alone wore a pair. Bare legs with open toed shoes in warm weather and for most dressy occasions. When it's cold, and I'm wearing something dressier, I wear a skirt or dress with tights any boots.

I absolutely wear pantyhose on formal/gala/chic nights. Much easier to put on and take off than leg makeup/fake tan, and the panty makes for a smoother line under my dress.

On other nights, unless I wear slacks, I usually wear suntan fishnets (like the dancers wear). Very comfortable.

When we did a TA last April, I found it quite interesting, in all the Spanish ports, that virtually all the local women wearing skirts, especially the young ones, wore skintone pantyhose.