How 'friendly' is NCL for a lesbian couple?

diablob

Excellent thanks. Good to know. We are celebrating our 10 th wedding anniversary

Congrats on 10 years! DH and I are about to hit 5. We've sailed on NCL 5 times and have never had an issue, aside from a drunk guest who was a bit too interested in the two of us several years back.

Can't speak to how they treat a lesbian couple but if it is anything like how they treat a male couple, then you should have no issues. My boyfriend, then partner and now husband and I have cruised on NCL now Norwegian since 2000 and have never had a single issue - other than an occasional, "are y'all brothers" which usually comes from a fellow guest.

The officers and crew have always been very welcoming. During our Panama Canal cruise which included a stop in San Francisco, the Group Services Manager, the Guest Services Manager and the Concierge all ended up in our cabin for our LGBT and friends Golden Gate Sailaway party. We have sailed on Sun a number of times and three times in a row had the same cruise director, when we boarded on one of those trips, Mike had some how gotten a few people behind me in line at embarkation. When I came onto the ship, Pedro the CD shook my hand and said, where is Mike? So we always feel welcome.

I hope you will be as warmly greeted!

My wife and I recently returned from our 8th cruise on NCL (a fabulous 16-day Panama Canal cruise). I agree with what others have said -- no problems at all. We've always been treated wonderfully by the staff and crew.

My partner and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary last year on the breakaway. We loved it and are headed for the Escape on March 25. We had no issues and found NCL to be safe and friendly. Our room steward moved the beds together and treated us very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL....Hi there! My wife and I (along with our two daughters) are on the Escape 3/25 sailing as well! Saw you on the Roll Call and admittedly wondered if I would find you on this board as well! Glad to see we aren't alone :)

We also sailed NCL for the first time in '15 on the Pearl to Alaska. It was a super special first big vacation without the kids! We didn't have anything even remotely negative happen. To the contrary, if anything I felt like maybe being a same sex couple made us easier to remember!? Every staff member we ran into was pleasant and helpful. We went to O'Sheehans several days apart, and were really impressed by the hostess greeting us by our first names the second time. Though we're not super social, we got to be good "cruise week friends" with a few people that we spent some time with here and there after meeting at the Meet & Greet. It was a very eclectic bunch!

Totally assuming our Escape sailing will be as much of a blast! If anyone has a problem with our boring existence living our " two moms gay agenda life".... it speaks more about them than us :*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on the 5/20 Escape - can't wait...this is our first cruise in 6 years.....we have been on NCL before traveling with friends and never had an issue...one cruise though out of New Orleans over mardi gras was not a fun experience being a couple....