Goodbye to Free Burgers and Mast Grill ???

chamima

I don't know if anyone has seen Laura's post about the dining changes to the Constellation in her upcoming drydock but my cynical mind reads it that we can say goodbye to free (read that as already paid for in our cruise fare, rather than free) burgers and the Mast Grill.

Celebrity Constellation to Receive New Dining Venues During Upcoming Dry Dock

"New to the line will be the Top Deck Burger Bar, located on the pool deck in the space formerly known as the Mast Grill. Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers like the Celebrity Signature Burger. A BYOB (build your own burger) option will also be available with an extensive menu of toppings and condiments."

I don't know if anyone has seen Laura's post about the dining changes to the Constellation in her upcoming drydock but my cynical mind reads it that we can say goodbye to free (read that as already paid for in our cruise fare, rather than free) burgers and the Mast Grill.

Celebrity Constellation to Receive New Dining Venues During Upcoming Dry Dock

"New to the line will be the Top Deck Burger Bar, located on the pool deck in the space formerly known as the Mast Grill. Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers like the Celebrity Signature Burger. A BYOB (build your own burger) option will also be available with an extensive menu of toppings and condiments."

Sounds similar to HAL's Dive in Burger which is a no fee dining option.

I don't see where this is a fee for dining venue.

Nothing I see suggests there is a cost for the burgers

Have I missed something ?

IMHO, the language of the article suggests there may be a fee for this new, upscale opportunity. :rolleyes:

I, for one, cannot tell if this a venue which a fee will be charged. Too ambiguous, without my crystal ball working, I leave it up to others to speculate on it.

Not that it matters much to me, as for others. I usually have enough OBC to cover how many ever vegan burgers I will have during the sailing anyway, which can be five (5), at the most, during a seven (7) day sailing.

bon voyage

You aren't missing anything. Nowhere does it say there is a fee. Because they use the word "menu"? Everyone seems to delight in expecting the worse, and complaining about it before it even happens.

I, for one, cannot tell if this a venue which a fee will be charged. Too ambiguous, without my crystal ball working, I leave it up to others to speculate on it.

Not that it matters much to me, as for others. I usually have enough OBC to cover how many ever vegan burgers I will have during the sailing anyway, which can be five (5), at the most, during a seven (7) day sailing.

bon voyage

My Magic 8-Ball says "cannot predict now". :cool:

That was my guess they would turn the burger place into a pay venue. Celebrity is not including anything new anymore. All seem to be extra charges. They lied about bistro on 5 which was going to be included initially. The porch was also going to be included until last minute changes turned it into a pay venue.

I dislike being wrong but this time I hope I am. This reads to me like a fee is coming. Words like gourmet burger & extensive menu of topping & condiments sounds like $ to me. Love the Mast Grill and will be sad if my favorite lunch spot does become a fee venue.

From the OP's link: "On the opposite end of the spectrum from the Top Deck Burger Bar will be Qsine, the line's quirky global fusion venue. Qsine replaces the Ocean Liners Restaurant."

Perhaps it's only 'guilt by association', but there is certainly an implication that the Top Deck, like Qsine, will also be a 'for fee' restaurant. Otherwise, why not compare it with the Spa Cafe instead?

From the OP's link: "On the opposite end of the spectrum from the Top Deck Burger Bar will be Qsine, the line's quirky global fusion venue. Qsine replaces the Ocean Liners Restaurant."

Perhaps it's only 'guilt by association', but there is certainly an implication that the Top Deck, like Qsine, will also be a 'for fee' restaurant. Otherwise, why not compare it with the Spa Cafe instead?

I have to disagree. It says it's the opposite end of the spectrum from Qsine. They are not comparing them, they are saying top deck is completely different than Qsine.

I think only time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really would not be surprised to get charged for a burger or a piece of pizza - and Hot Dogs- Hot Dogs were availlable there too. That seems just the way cruise lines turn- nicle and dime- some day it will be the same like with Airlines- order something - pay something! But- still nothing is confirmed- maybe we are crying about nothing- and they don´t charge- so lets wait and see!

Sounds similar to HAL's Dive in Burger which is a no fee dining option.

That's how I read it. HAL is probably their closest competitor and they are doing what they did to upgrade the hamburger experience.

On HAL, you are given a beeper and burgers are cooked to order. It has been highly successful.

It's just a bit weird to have a name change unless they're revamping the pricing structure. I'm not sure what the change would be otherwise.

Though the current grill on Millennium is certainly feeling 'unloved' so I can see that it would benefit from attention on this class.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Why not just wait and see rather than scaremongering?

The Guy Fieri burger bar on Carnival is a no-fee dining option. Maybe it's to compete with that as well as the HAL offering?

Guy's burgers were the highlight of a pretty poor cruise and the second and last we'll ever do on that line.