Azamara 2019 Prices

AllisonJames

Is anyone else finding Azamara's 2019 prices kind of high? The two cruises we are looking at price out to $1,000 a day (for 2) in a veranda category. That seems kind of high. I get brochures from both Seabourn and Silversea and they seem to have many offerings for veranda category at the same cost and they have larger cabins, more inclusive and better alcohol. I have been on both lines and enjoyed them, but I loved the Quest size, ambience, decor and the Azamara informality. And my husband loves the Perry Golf cruises that Azamara offers. Are 2019 prices this high in the U.K. and Australia or is this a U.S. price level? Anxiously awaiting a sale so I can book onboard this summer!

Hi Allison: I am in the US also and I agree the 2019 AZ prices are high (and I am also waiting for a sale :)).

I looked at a Seabourn 12 day 2018 Adriatic cruise (I don't think Seabourn has released 2019 yet, so prices may increase for their 2019 itineraries) that was around $1200 per day (for two) in their lowest category stateroom. In fact, almost every cruise line I've looked at recently (AZ, Celebrity, Regent, Oceania) seems to be bumping prices up considerably.

Using the AZ Buy One Get One Half Off, we paid about $750 a day (for two) for a Club Continent Suite on a B2B Dubai to Singapore we took in November 2016 (which we booked in April of 2015). We are without a booked cruise next year (2018) for the first time in years. Hoping to book something for 2019. I don't expect prices to be static year over year, but, so far, we are surprised at the sharp increases.

Cynthia

Allison, not sure if this makes you feel better but 2019 prices in th UK are also unacceptably high.

We never book this far out so we're not overly concerned at th moment. However if the prices stay at this level we will reluctantly book with another cruise line where we will get more bang for our buck.

I've just checked the 2019 Panama Canal cruise and compared the pricing to the one we took this year. The current price is double the price we paid and even with "buy one get one half off" it would (obviously) still be 50% more expensive.

I am so pleased that we have 9 years and 19 cruises of incredibly happy memories of Azamara. At these prices we will have very few (if any) to look forward to...

Edited by workingtocruise-59

I've just checked the 2019 Panama Canal cruise and compared the pricing to the one we took this year. The current price is double the price we paid and even with "buy one get one half off" it would (obviously) still be 50% more expensive.

I am so pleased that we have 9 years and 19 cruises of incredibly happy memories of Azamara. At these prices we will have very few (if any) to look forward to...

I am in the same boat, after 12 cruises spread over 9 years we are starting to look elsewhere for the future.

Thanks for all the responses---I'm glad it's not just me. We are also booked on Viking for our family of four (two cabins) on a Mediterranean cruise over New Year's and the cost per person per day was way less than Azamara so perhaps we will like Viking and think it is a good value.

I thought the same thing when I looked at pricing. We booked our 2 Sept. cruises when the itineraries came out in 2015. I've watched those prices jump up for those cruises. I won't book anything new with Azamara until I see some decent sales. I'll also check on board to see if there is better pricing.

Agreed! We have Viking booked again for New Year and are seriously thinking of going back on the wonderful Royal Clipper.

I agree; Royal Clipper (and the other Clipper ships) no longer looks expensive when compared to Azamara. We are deliberating about their Caribbean or Far East itineraries for 2018. Currently we have only one ocean cruise booked, with the UK company for oldies! They seem pricey to start with, but it's fully door-to-door inclusive. It's also refreshing and customer-focussed that we can remain onboard, with lunch and on all inclusive, until our airport transfer in late afternoon, or, if we choose to go ashore, our luggage will be safely stowed onboard.

I think Azamara prices have been rising over the last few years and it's been the constant flow of offers that have made them reasonable.

I've just done a quick comparison based on Med cruises in September in an N2 suite, as this is what we tend to book.

Obviously itineraries change but I've based it on Italian Adriatic cruises, as the cruise lengths are different it's fairer to work on a per day price for two people in the cabin.

For 2019 it's £958 per night, 2018 surprisingly it's £1033 and based on the cruise we have booked for this year full price would have been £800, but on a BOGOHO deal it worked out at £585.

We are not making any plans for 2019, as there's nothing in the itineraries that appeal to us, but there's bound to be some bargain deals at some time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Riocca,

I appreciate you posting your calculations. I have also seen that our new 2019 prices are in line with prior years (not considering the various promotional fares.)

We always Revenue Manage fares looking at demand and time from sailing, and typically fares inch upwards. For 2019 we are seeing record demand, especially for our new Japan-intensive and Alaska itineraries, and with only one ship in Europe in 2019, more are booking early to avoid disappointment.

Hi Riocca,

I appreciate you posting your calculations. I have also seen that our new 2019 prices are in line with prior years (not considering the various promotional fares.)

We always Revenue Manage fares looking at demand and time from sailing, and typically fares inch upwards. For 2019 we are seeing record demand, especially for our new Japan-intensive and Alaska itineraries, and with only one ship in Europe in 2019, more are booking early to avoid disappointment.

I didn't realize only one ship was going to Europe in 2019. :o

What company is that?

That would be Saga Cruises, currently operating two old ships but have a new build 1000 pax all balcony ship being delivered in 2019.

You have to be over 50 to cruise on them, we tried it once won't be hurrying back, average age was over 80 (we are early 60's) to be honest and with apologies to any Saga cruisers, it was like cruising in a care home!

I didn't realize only one ship was going to Europe in 2019. :o

Quest will be doing Alaska itineraries in the Summer season with Japan itineraries during repositioning.

This leaves Journey to cover a series of European cruises which seem to be focusing on country intensive itineraries. As we had decided to have 2019 as a year off from long haul flights and itineraries it does mean that we will probably be experimenting with other cruise lines.

That would be Saga Cruises, currently operating two old ships but have a new build 1000 pax all balcony ship being delivered in 2019.

You have to be over 50 to cruise on them, we tried it once won't be hurrying back, average age was over 80 (we are early 60's) to be honest and with apologies to any Saga cruisers, it was like cruising in a care home!

Agreed on all points except for the "care home" comment; last year's Christmas markets cruise was the liveliest cruise we've been on!

Agreed on all points except for the "care home" comment; last year's Christmas markets cruise was the liveliest cruise we've been on!

To be fair it's probably just our experience on one cruise with an exeptionally high average age, even regular Saga cruisers were saying it was unusual. However at a price point that was close to Azamara we were expecting more, our cruise was all inclusive however the included drinks were unbranded and of the quality you would expect in a 2* Spanish hotel. Service was destinctly average, foods a subjective matter but it was OK no more. We had hoped to try the new ship in 2019 but have decided againt it on thr grounds of service (or lack of it) alone.

Interesting comparison for 2019:

Azamara Journey 21st September 12 night cruise-

N2 suite = £11438

Cheapest Balcony = £9498

Crystal Serenity 21st September 12 night cruise-

Cheapest Balcony = £9070

Bearing in mind that Crystals balcony cabins are only a bit smaller than a CC suite, but admittedly without butler service.

Cruise area for both is similar so this makes I think a fair comparison.

Not cruised Crystal yet but have a booking for January 2018 and so far have been in impressed with the shoreside service, especially as when there was a significant price drop it was passed on without question, a rare event for those of us in the UK!

average age was over 80 (we are early 60's) to be honest and with apologies to any Saga cruisers, it was like cruising in a care home!

Sounds like our only cruise on Oceania.

To be honest I am also finding the 2018 prices already expensive. Every year I notice a price increase. I am finding it difficult to book a cruise with Azamara for 2018 at the current prices...

I thiught so too but unfortunately, ACC did not offer the itineraries I wanted for 2018, so we had to book with Celebrity. Believe me, I would much rather sail the destinations I booked with Azamara. 😟

I agree the prices do seem considerably higher for 2019, at first I thought it was the exchange rate but if US guests are seeing the increases this can't be the case.

Bonnie maybe the revenue managers could be encouraged to sharpen their pencils before guests start looking elsewhere.

I love Azamara and am really looking forward to boarding the Quest in two weeks time but if prices stay so high we might start looking at Viking

I agree the prices do seem considerably higher for 2019, at first I thought it was the exchange rate but if US guests are seeing the increases this can't be the case.

Bonnie maybe the revenue managers could be encouraged to sharpen their pencils before guests start looking elsewhere.

I love Azamara and am really looking forward to boarding the Quest in two weeks time but if prices stay so high we might start looking at Viking

We'll probably do the same. Having cruised with Viking in the winter can confirm it's a lovely product

We are shortly going on our 17th Azamara cruise (with another booked in 2018) but agree that prices have risen - if they can fill the ships at such a high price, they have no incentive to charge lower prices! It is for this reason we have booked a Seabourn cruise in the Med for next Summer. We were looking at a B2B of 14 nights on Azamara (which is our cruiseline of choice) but a 14 night Med cruise on Seabourn was considerably cheaper. A verandah room on Seabourn worked out at £1300 less pp than a CC suite on Azamara. Of course we will not get the OBC we would get on Azamara but as we prefer to 'do our own thing' in the Med, we wouldn't use it for Land Discoveries. The other thing that helped our decision is that the Seabourn itinerary was much more interesting, visiting places in Greece, Croatia and Italy that we have never visited. This doesn't mean we will not book Azamara again but probably only when there is a good promotion. That being said, in Summer 2019, as there are only cruises to Alaska or Northern Europe, I imagine we will have to look elsewhere for our Summer Med cruise.